Show off your CLASSIC spiderman costume

Hey guys. Halloween is coming up and I've always wanted a Spidey suit. I'd like to get something decent looking and not all baggy and cheap looking. My grandma can sew pretty well if that makes a difference. My problem is I would like to stay under about $150 or $175..I don't know if that 's even feasible but I figured this is the place to ask. Oh and Lunaman, your suit is friggin amazing. (Pun intended.)

Thanks everyone! And no I'm not wearing a face shell. The mask just looks really good on my face thankfully.
It does indeed. I think the thicker fabric helps there. Is there any difficulty breathing as a trade off?

Hey guys. Halloween is coming up and I've always wanted a Spidey suit. I'd like to get something decent looking and not all baggy and cheap looking. My grandma can sew pretty well if that makes a difference. My problem is I would like to stay under about $150 or $175..I don't know if that 's even feasible but I figured this is the place to ask. Oh and Lunaman, your suit is friggin amazing. (Pun intended.)
Thanks for the compliment. :) Have you checked out spidersparrow, Tom Walker, and Iracel's threads on budget suits? They've gotten really wonderful results from low budgets. Good luck.

It does indeed. I think the thicker fabric helps there. Is there any difficulty breathing as a trade off?

Thanks for the compliment. :) Have you checked out spidersparrow, Tom Walker, and Iracel's threads on budget suits? They've gotten really wonderful results from low budgets. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions! Spidersparrow's and Iracel's are really helpful. Tom Walker's is impressive as well but he did stuff I can't do. Spidersparrow's seems achievable and affordable. Iracel's looks incredible but I doubt I could achieve that, I'm not a very good painter or anything unless it's impressionism type stuff.

My mask is actually very easy to breathe through! Getting more progress done, did part of the back and the boots. I used red paint to fix up the parts I screwed up on and now I'm looking really good I think. Here's some updates

image.jpg. image.jpg

If you have a family member who can sew and do a little research, you can put together a dye sub print for under $150. I'm getting comfortably under that mark - but it does take some time, so halloween might be a bit short notice to get it right. The biggest saving for me was getting a family member to sew, and sourcing a local sublimination printing manufacturer who printed for about $50.

If you have a family member who can sew and do a little research, you can put together a dye sub print for under $150. I'm getting comfortably under that mark - but it does take some time, so halloween might be a bit short notice to get it right. The biggest saving for me was getting a family member to sew, and sourcing a local sublimination printing manufacturer who printed for about $50.

My grandma can sew pretty well but I think it would be better for this to have it done by a seamstress. How would I go about doing the dye sub print for under $150? I'm pretty new to all this, so please bear with me.

I've found some patterns as well as where to have them printed, and it'll be under $200. I can probably get a good suit for under $300, if I can make some more money between now and then. Couple questions about the patterns.
1.Can the mask be removable? I want to be able to do the Spider-Man kiss.:lol
2.How do I know which parts go where? I'm looking at the thumbnail of the pattern and there are a couple pieces that I have no clue where they go.

Last edited:
My mask is actually very easy to breathe through! Getting more progress done, did part of the back and the boots. I used red paint to fix up the parts I screwed up on and now I'm looking really good I think. Here's some updates

View attachment 235481. View attachment 235482
nice progress on your costume,dude. the mask looks great,but it's a lil short.anyway,what about attached the back of the mask on the back of your costume,so you can obtain an "hood/cap mask" like mask.Imo @gerryc00,your suit is astonishing,bravo !! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot! Yeah the mask is a little short but I have a neck connected to my suit that covers everything up. I'm finalizing the back spider now and then I just need to do the arms, webshooters, and some edits to the chest. What do you guys think of web wings? Maybe something a little less clean cut than the classics... Something like this maybe?
image.jpg

Last edited:
sweet! I like the way the mask/eyes came out, are you using a face shell?

that's cool! from what type of fabric is it made from?

Thanks! I was actually a little skeptical about the eyes and yes I am using Tjack's face shell . You are awesome btw . This couldn't be possible without your geniusness :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back