Show your custom Lightsabers!

I did a recently overhaul of my custom saber (which has become a forever-ongoing-project). I still don't have a control board/speakers yet, but at some point I'll get that figured out. I know Ultrasabers sells them, but they are pretty expensive.

I first started designing before I had my resin printer, and made some choices that didn't quite vibe properly with Star Wars aesthetics. So I redid some details and added some features that I had resin printed.

20230324_012546166_iOS.jpg

20230324_012546256_iOS.jpg

IMG_20200712_222217.jpg

IMG_20200712_221429.jpg

I have a “hardware build” still around… the first I ever made. So proud at the time now embarrassing, haha

I often think about mucking with it… I’m torn between keeping the first very obviously sink pipe saber as is or continue messing with it

Or is there future nostalgia in the saber that first brought me here…

:unsure:

I have a “hardware build” still around… the first I ever made. So proud at the time now embarrassing, haha

I often think about mucking with it… I’m torn between keeping the first very obviously sink pipe saber as is or continue messing with it

Or is there future nostalgia in the saber that first brought me here…

:unsure:

Just keep it. That was the first prop I built and I ended up taking it apart years later and now I kind of wish I had hung onto it.

This is my "parts laying around the shop" lightsaber. Plumbing parts, leather belts, a sink knob, vacuum parts, Walmart entertainment center parts, etc... It has good weight and feels good on a belt. There are many sabers, but this is mine.

Attachments

• IMG_4520.JPG
    IMG_4520.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • IMG_4519.JPG
    IMG_4519.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4518.JPG
    IMG_4518.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4517.JPG
    IMG_4517.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4516.JPG
    IMG_4516.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_4515.JPG
    IMG_4515.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
IMG_4433.jpeg

A duel wield pair, shoto and main hand. Built mostly from MHS parts, these sabers are meant to evoke a sense of found relics. They obviously take a pile of inspiration from the ESB Graflex, but also feature Obi-Wan EP IV elements and a Canon Y clamp for the main hand saber. These have been a long time coming, with the shoto built almost two years ago and the main started last summer before life put my saber building in the back seat.

Both are installed with pixel connectors, Proffieboards and 18650 batteries. The shoto features a removable cell while the main hand is hard wired due to space constraints. both sabers have full shine through glass eyes and the main hand saber also has three blinking LEDs set in a ring just below the clamp. The main saber features two buttons under the clamp card and the shoto has a single button in the choke.

I‘ve made heavy use of aluminum black and sur-fin brass patina in addition to varying grits of sandpaper and scotch brite. I like to turn the parts to five a more consistent surface treatment, apply heavy patina and then knock that patina back until I get to a good place.

Any and all comments and suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_4440.jpeg
    IMG_4440.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4437.jpeg
    IMG_4437.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4439.jpeg
    IMG_4439.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4438.jpeg
    IMG_4438.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4435.jpeg
    IMG_4435.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4436.jpeg
    IMG_4436.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4434.jpeg
    IMG_4434.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
View attachment 1704231
A duel wield pair, shoto and main hand. Built mostly from MHS parts, these sabers are meant to evoke a sense of found relics. They obviously take a pile of inspiration from the ESB Graflex, but also feature Obi-Wan EP IV elements and a Canon Y clamp for the main hand saber. These have been a long time coming, with the shoto built almost two years ago and the main started last summer before life put my saber building in the back seat.

Both are installed with pixel connectors, Proffieboards and 18650 batteries. The shoto features a removable cell while the main hand is hard wired due to space constraints. both sabers have full shine through glass eyes and the main hand saber also has three blinking LEDs set in a ring just below the clamp. The main saber features two buttons under the clamp card and the shoto has a single button in the choke.

I‘ve made heavy use of aluminum black and sur-fin brass patina in addition to varying grits of sandpaper and scotch brite. I like to turn the parts to five a more consistent surface treatment, apply heavy patina and then knock that patina back until I get to a good place.

Beautiful! I don't normally love graflex tops thrown on other bodies, but these both REALLY work for me. The clamp was a good choice. And maybe sur-fin brass patina is common knowledge, but I had never seen it before and man, that looks great.

View attachment 1704231

How's the volume? I just finished my install, I had used the pommel insert that TCSS makes that comes has D-ring on it. It really cuts down on the volume.

View attachment 1704231

I absolutely love this. One of the top customs I’ve seen. Would there be any chance you would share the MHS part list in case we want to make something similar? I have a hard time going between V1 and V2 parts and the adapters.

Beautiful! I don't normally love graflex tops thrown on other bodies, but these both REALLY work for me. The clamp was a good choice. And maybe sur-fin brass patina is common knowledge, but I had never seen it before and man, that looks great.
I think I first saw it used here on forums, but I can't recall. It's fairly versatile and can give light brass all the way to copper tones depending on how many applications are done. It can be applied cold but I think it's more durable if the metal is heated before application.

How's the volume? I just finished my install, I had used the pommel insert that TCSS makes that comes has D-ring on it. It really cuts down on the volume.
Well because of the v2 ID, I'm already using a 23mm speaker so this saber will never be super loud. I'd say the D-ring doesn't make a huge impact since the kobold sits proud and is hollow itself, so the sound venting isn't fully covered.

I absolutely love this. One of the top customs I’ve seen. Would there be any chance you would share the MHS part list in case we want to make something similar? I have a hard time going between V1 and V2 parts and the adapters.
Here's the list for each:
nfHBS8M.png

Ld5aUtk.png

What's missing from those parts lists are the bits used to make the glass eye (I used AV button bezels and glass cabochons), the kobold clips, graflex pins, a spare Graflex button thumbscrew from a bag of Graflex 2.0 parts, the clamp cards and the Canon clamp.

Both sabers are installed with 1" FDM printed chassis that I found on thingiverse.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back