Sideshow Darth Vader 1:1 Bust

Here are a few of the inside. I don't have any of the head or the stand. Their in the box. The head is an awesome sculpt but the paint doesn't do it for me (too purplish and plasticy) and it not fitting under the mask is a PITA. . Also i couldn't resist trying to fit the mask over the head and it seems like it just needs some flexible ears to fit. I know recasting is taboo but the head needs to be cast, molded in latex, some glass eyes put in, foam filled and professionally painted. Is it still bad to recast if it is only for your own personal use?

... i'm in Red Oak.

DSC01666.jpg

DSC01667.jpg

DSC01668.jpg

DSC01670.jpg

DSC01669.jpg

DSC01671.jpg

Thanks for the extra pics. :thumbsup

I wasn't aware that the head wasn't made to fit under the mask... So it's either display it with the head or facemask/helmet but not both... As for the head itself, I think it's a very good likeness of Sebastian Shaw, not a spitting image of him necessarily but it's become pretty obvious over the years that the dynamics of getting these things nailed down at the design end at the company are not necessarily compatible with the dynamics of what we as the most particular of collectors ultimately like to have, but it's still a great piece. And again, "head" and shoulders above the Illusives version.

As to recasting, I think the answer to that depends on whom you ask! :lol Personally, I think if it's something you're doing strictly for yourself and, as in this case, are doing it to overcome a design issue that should have been handled more appropriately in the beginning on the maker's part, I don't see a problem with it. But that's me...

i would love to add this head too my collection too.

but recasting is something hard too discuss. the artist way its bad but recasting a prop from an old movie makes us all happy and everybody jumps in so i think discussing it would lead us in off Topic directions.

Great photos guys! I received Exclusive #246/300. I'm pretty impressed with it for sure. Took about an hour to get it all unpacked and set up. Probably about the same amount of time to pack it back up.

Ok...I've owned alot of Vader helmets from a VM01 , Classic Action.. to a Portumac Vader Reveal. Now while I know this Sideshow isn't 100% accurate, I dig it...actually alot. It's better than the Illusive and I had one of those too. It was actaully a prototype that I got used and it was horrible

This one isn't perfect,but it covers the overall look nicely ...and to the evenmore than casual fan, is good enough,but you gotta ask...would someone that is only a casual fan spend the cash on it. Most people that spend that kinda dough know the little intracacies of real prop,but I would still love to have one in my collection. Perhaps I'll have to sell a guitar soon. :rolleyes

Got mine. I do love the stand with the exclusive as it does show details. I do find it flairs out a little much but all in all good bust. Shaw coloring could use a little work

I just unpacked this one and it definitely doesn't fail to impress. The portrait needs a repaint but over all I am very pleased with it. Good job by Sideshow.

HPIM4781.jpg

HPIM4772.jpg

HPIM4776.jpg

I received both boxes containing Sideshow Darth Vader 1:1 bust (in different days), but finally Vader is assembled. It is a really cool looking bust, quite impressive. :) And the bust looks quite cool next to the new installed vertical blinds. I'll get a custom cabinet ordered for this and my future collectibles soon, so this is just a temporary display.

I don't really like the Shaw head, mine has a slight lazy eye, but even without the defect, I wouldn't display Vader with no helmet. IMO Darth Vader is that tall angry guy in black armor and heavily breathing under his mask, and not the 3 minutes ROTJ Sebastian Shaw. It is cool to get an extra option, but for people who want the helmet on, what to do with the Shaw head? After I'll try getting a replacement for the Shaw head, I might sell it - there is already a guy on RPF looking for Shaw head. I also sent a message to Sideshow to ask about procedures to replace the Shaw head since I bought it from Toy Palace.

Anyway for this price this bust should have been perfect. It is close, but not perfect. And still it didn't get over my MR AT-AT. ;)

2ec3xgi.jpg

2cerok1.jpg

344s2mo.jpg

15zo20p.jpg

And this is how I'm going to display the bust - with helmet on:

1zd8uv.jpg

207w1at.jpg

2mgw3fl.jpg

The Shaw head is nice but with the lazy eye problem and lack of stand (stand being EX) I consider it a big failure. So the bust will stay with the helmet on and also will wait for the eFX Vader helmet.

ojj7lf.jpg

2ic3yb8.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back