Slave to a Rhythm (with no grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Stu, I will keep trying mate, no matter what.

Sorry dude re the engines, I only realised about 10 days ago that I've been working with a guy who's dad renovates vintage motorbikes so is doing the bells for me locally as a favour. Cant afford to drop that ball :thumbsup

Its great that Rich is re working his hulls now to, as I mentioned to him, even after new re working to get it even closer to the real deal, the Skirt curve at the back would need toning down quite a lot, Be a shame to go to all the new extra work and miss an opportunity to make it even better still.

Yeh so glad I mentioned that, will be great to see the new stuff coming out and thats just the icing on the cake :love

The curve was already in place long long long ago, so its nice to have a chance to Iron it out, especially for the original Slave team. One step closer is always a great thing. I think mine will be a great canvas to practise the paintwork on or even a quite nice Slave 1.

Its hard now to think to much into this one as I could throw £2K of kit parts at it or sit back and take in the show from more talented guys than me :popcorn

I'm lucky to have the extra pulls from George, I think this may save some grief for me when it comes to fitting the front end and wells. Not sure what I'd do with out em now. Just sat trimming it all up now and may attempt to get the wing wells in place today.

I cant even begin to think about the task you have ahead of you mate. :behave

Hey guys,

I've been working on the Slave One for some time now, but I just resolved the length issue yesterday.

It seems that FM used the ILM pics for their Slave One (the ones in the Chronicles). At the first glance the side view looks great but actualy there's a lot of lense distorsion and the nose (front skirt and cockpit) are not in it's integrality, not only because of the lense distorsion but also because the cam is slighty off center.

After a lot of calculs, I was able to get a side view which matches the underside view.

The result is a skirt that is 604 mm long, 336 mm wide.

From the very front of the skirt to the wing gap it's about 198 mm, the wing gap is about 70,5 mm and from the gap to the end of the skirt it's about 335,5 mm.

All the parts, including the biggest (Entex Porsche, radar dish etc) fit perfectly and the wing wells are at the right place.

Hope that helps !

Last edited:
So that does mean the current vac kit out there IS still a long, long way off Julien.
Thats a huge difference in the skirt length alone, and id bet youll find some discrepencies and a better fit with a corrected hull curvature too bud?
I did mention it a good while back the Chronicles pic (side) is a red herring, its awesome your on this.......your R&D is the best out there.
Cant wait to see what you come up with.

lee

I think we all agree that Guy proved it was off earlier, so that's not new news to me, but Julien providing hard data is pure gold! Thanks, J!!

Where is Guy, any way?

I'm not sure about the curvature yet. Since I dont own one of these pulls, I cant compare with what I've done so far.

Anyway it was a tough task to get the bottom and side view match, thanks to the new pics available here, I had a good pic of the nose, a straight one without too much distortion so I was able to find the correct lenght/shape of it !

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the curvature yet. Since I dont own one of these pulls, I cant compare with what I've done so far.

Anyway it was a tough task to get the bottom and side view match, thanks to the new pics available here, I had a good pic pic of the nose, a straight one without too much distortion so I was able to find the correct lenght/shape of it !

Got ya bro, it was just something i mentioned to Guy on the phone not so long ago, the curvature would have an effect on part placement, especially coming further towards the skirt edge, not earth shattering, but still an effect i feel.

lee

Oooo, can't wait to see your build Julien & great work on the measures mate. I guess Guy's on tour at the mo, so if he checks in this info must be driving him nuts:behave.
Has the FineMolds kit been a major source of info for S1 builders?.

I guess everyone will have different measures & views on the construction of how these miniatures were made, but members such as Guy & Julien can pretty much nail a prop as best as its gonna get.

Heck, I find it incredible a big company such as FM can't get it it right, yet a fair bit of research by a few dedicated RPF's can nail a prop:lol
Stu

RPFers have the luxury of no deadlines... collectible companies do not have that luxury, unfortunately!

And they don't work with studio scale donor parts, so they can "cheat" in the digital or hand-fabricated parts.

That is truly a shame! I hope he can recoup his investment and sell it to someone that would want it.

Cancelled ??? Is there no hope to salvage it ?? How come Lee's posted that, not Guy???? Arrghh, this is tragic !!

Phil

Yeah its a shame! It would have been nice to see this completed Guy. But Im sure you have good reasons, knowing your love for the Slave 1.

That's sad news about the first one, but on the other hand the future sounds very interesting.., you've got me very intrigued Lee, you fiend..:love

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back