Small Soldiers - Chip Hazard and Archer

Hey robotboy! Since I will need a box for a screen used Kip I am currently drawing the front pic of his box. Maybe we could work together on the respective box... What would be easier: If I not only draw the pic but also color it with watercolors and crayons and your graphic designer would match the colors later or if I just draw the pic without painting it? By the way, I found out that the background of the front pics with the army colors are always the same. If one closely compares the different front pics on the commando boxes one can guess the background and make a drawing of the background... On the DVD, the quality is pretty low on these shots... one would try to see on the Blue-Ray or get very inventive...
View attachment 395427View attachment 395426

Wow cant believe i just saw this now sorry bout that xD i wish i still had a graphics designer but he took my money and ran none the less this is still a project i want to work on once my pc is fixed a close friend of mine is relatively good at graphic design so he can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is there a chance to get the talking chip out of talking archer/chip hazard from hasbro/kenner? I could get a spanish/french figure, but i dont speak this languages =) a german voice would be best, but english is also okay.

I want to have that one inside both figures =)))

KHR-3HV_SelectPack.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0Zgi3aRPg

getting ready to try my hand at a talking chip hazard ( on its way now off fee-pay ) - what all needs to be done to it ? i know the paint , but anyone know of a " laundry list" of inacuracies ?

getting ready to try my hand at a talking chip hazard ( on its way now off fee-pay ) - what all needs to be done to it ? i know the paint , but anyone know of a " laundry list" of inacuracies ?
I have several of these and they make a good base figure. If you just want to do the basics I'd recommend the head, neck, dog tags, grenade, communicator, forearms/elbows and crotch.

Hello, I just acquired two of the different 12" archers and the 12" Chip from a thrift store. I'm a sculptor and modeler, over the span of the next few weeks I'm going to convert these figures into movie quality replicas. It's something I've wanted to do since I was younger and i was really happy to find these guys. Just wondering if you guys think there is money to be made doing this? And if so what pricing would you think is going to be fair assuming I can get them to be movie quality. I'm probably doing one archer for me and one to sell, and the Chip to sell as-well. I plan on putting in over 100 hours in each figure since I'm currently jobless and trying to pay for college. Here are some questions for those who have done this in the past.

1- Chips dog-tags. Anyone have tips for these? I may just model them out of resin and find a chain otherwise, than paint the resin to look metallic.
2- Chest Joint that none of the figures have but the movie figures do. Is it worth the effort to take the time for the extra joint? IMO it is; but any thoughts appreciated, because I'm not a toy collector.
3- Was considering implanting LEDS in both Chip and Archer to make their belts glow like in the movies. Would this up the value?
4- Should i keep the internal sound systems and mechanics they came with or junk them, and would this affect value?
5- Chips and archers weapons are missing. I'm definitely going to model archers crossbow and movie shield, But in the movies chip doesn't use the "standard issue" weapons so i was considering making his x-acto dagger with a custom handle. and totally remodeling his chest. And his crotch on the toy is wider than the one in the movie so i need to re model that too. And also adding better neck joints for both.
6- The Box. I really want to make the boxes for them, but it seems like that would be another 50+ hours worth of work and I'm not sure i can pull them off. Any tips?

I assume the kegs come apart the same as the arms - can't seem to figure that out - also what kind of screws hold the body together ? They look like triangles ???

Great to see more people remodeling these great toys!

As for your questions:
1. I can send you pics of the dog tags I have. Easiest woul be to get a company to lasercut aluminium tags pursuant to some vector drawings...
2. Regarding chest joint, please see the enclosed pictures.

The belly/upper body joint seems to be similar to some Hot Toys joints. There are the following parts and joints in the figures: Head (ball joint in neck), upper body (kind of a big "ball joint" to belly), belly (connected to hip section via some kind of screw or similar to allow limited torso rotation). Hip area (ball joints connection to legs), upper legs (hinge joints to lower legs, ball joint to hip area). Lower legs (hinge joints to upper legs, special hinge/kind of cut ball joint to shoes), disk on lower end of lower legs to allow different shoe movement, i.e. sideways "tilts" and back and forth movement), shoes (ball joint form intentation). Upper arms (ball joint connection to upper body, hinge joint to lower arm), lower arms (ball joint connection to hands), hands.
It depends on what you want... I think if you really remodel the toy in a way that you include ball joints, their worth goes up... Imagine even the 6" Insaniac posable... that would be soo cool. You just need to find a solution for a good connection between upper arms/upper body and upper legs/hips...
3. Please strongly consider that! It looks so much cooler!
4. I am thinking about buying some kind of chip too where one could put on some lines from the movie, i.e. eg "Kip Killigan, sharp as a razor, Sir!"... If we make them, let's make them perfect, I'd say ;-)
5. I have the movie crossbow and shield. Can send you pics if you need them. Can also send you reference pics for Chip regarding chest and crotch.
6. Jok3r314 and I have started with these also. We can surely give you some tips ;-)

Attachments

• Kip master side.jpg
    Kip master side.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 273
  • Kip master front.jpg
    Kip master front.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 726
  • Kip first cast front close.jpg
    Kip first cast front close.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 255
Great to see more people remodeling these great toys!

As for your questions:
1. I can send you pics of the dog tags I have. Easiest woul be to get a company to lasercut aluminium tags pursuant to some vector drawings...
2. Regarding chest joint, please see the enclosed pictures.

The belly/upper body joint seems to be similar to some Hot Toys joints. There are the following parts and joints in the figures: Head (ball joint in neck), upper body (kind of a big "ball joint" to belly), belly (connected to hip section via some kind of screw or similar to allow limited torso rotation). Hip area (ball joints connection to legs), upper legs (hinge joints to lower legs, ball joint to hip area). Lower legs (hinge joints to upper legs, special hinge/kind of cut ball joint to shoes), disk on lower end of lower legs to allow different shoe movement, i.e. sideways "tilts" and back and forth movement), shoes (ball joint form intentation). Upper arms (ball joint connection to upper body, hinge joint to lower arm), lower arms (ball joint connection to hands), hands.
It depends on what you want... I think if you really remodel the toy in a way that you include ball joints, their worth goes up... Imagine even the 6" Insaniac posable... that would be soo cool. You just need to find a solution for a good connection between upper arms/upper body and upper legs/hips...
3. Please strongly consider that! It looks so much cooler!
4. I am thinking about buying some kind of chip too where one could put on some lines from the movie, i.e. eg "Kip Killigan, sharp as a razor, Sir!"... If we make them, let's make them perfect, I'd say ;-)
5. I have the movie crossbow and shield. Can send you pics if you need them. Can also send you reference pics for Chip regarding chest and crotch.
6. Jok3r314 and I have started with these also. We can surely give you some tips ;-)
Holycrap being gone for a few months ive missed alot in the small soldiers part of things that looks amazing ! btw i think i might have the laser cutting vector files i made for howlrunner awhile back but i'll have to see

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back