Small Soldiers - Chip Hazard and Archer

Also if anyone needs templates for the boxes let me know plus im pretty sure joker took a look at them as well if im remembering correctly I hope my measurements were correct or close to it at least XD

Also if anyone needs templates for the boxes let me know plus im pretty sure joker took a look at them as well if im remembering correctly I hope my measurements were correct or close to it at least XD

they were great reference but I think the box being 15" tall might be just a smidgen to big but I'll know for sure when I finalize the box art

Worked more on this - narrowed the groin area and re shaped the head AgAIN - might reshape it and fill with resin so it retains its shape ,this would also allow me to cut the head off the neck and make a joint there , no ? Using a ball and socket style mounting system ? The head keeps reverting thinner over the days - so adding the resin would stop that _ I've also noticed the hips are still to wide so I'm considering re- designing how the legs mount and narrowing the hip profile

next will be the tags and chest redesign - him a shave off the grenade and radio and resculpt that area , and might try a torso separation and add a joint , but still trying to design how that would work -
image_zps35m6zihi.jpg

Last edited:
LOL , not really , but it will start looking dramatically better as the days go by - just gotta get the time to do it

- - - Updated - - -

Ha anyone done a resin replacement grenade and radio ? Would save me a lot of work ....

LOL , not really , but it will start looking dramatically better as the days go by - just gotta get the time to do it

- - - Updated - - -

Ha anyone done a resin replacement grenade and radio ? Would save me a lot of work ....

Actually someone has let me look through my messages i believe i talked to someone who has them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have the molds for the replacement radio and grenade. No resin at the moment though.

As for the head, I would really recommend cutting the neck away from the rest of the head completely, then reshaping the head with hot water. I actually ended up putting a marble in there to help it keep it's shape - the added width across the temples makes his head look WAY more screen accurate too. Then I sculpted a new neck for him using Milliput.

Finished My Archer. Later tonight when i get my lighting and backdrop set up I'll upload pictures. I'd just like to say that it's awesome to see so many people that are as into this as me Stan Winston has been an inspiration to me since i was little and saw this movie. I also have a scratch-it in the works but he is still in my stage two of m painting phase

Attachments

• archscratch_1.jpg
    archscratch_1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 165
  • Archscratch_2.jpg
    Archscratch_2.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 193
  • archscratch_3.jpg
    archscratch_3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 125
  • archer01.jpg
    archer01.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 171
Archer_1.jpgArcher_3.jpgArcher_4.jpgArcher_5.jpgArcher_6.jpgArcher_7.jpgArcher_8.jpgArcher_9.jpgArcher_10.jpgArcher_11.jpgHere are the final Images of my Archer. I used two different 12" archer toys one talking and one not to make him. The things that were modeled, were His crossbow+arrows, His chest, neck, back, forarms, and some of his hands. The Emblem was bought from Ebay from another Small Soldiers enthusiast who casts them from one of his actual screen used puppet. The process for making this guy went as followed. First I used the Head / Quiver / hands/ loincloth/ Bracers from the non-talking archer Because these are closer to the ones used on screen. I used m rotary tool to cut off the neck from the non-talking archer because his neck was ridiculously chunky and positioned weird. after that i used a modeling resin product called green stuff to fix some details about his face like his eyes/ cheekbones on the to were a bit off, and and i know its not exact to the mocie model but still closer to the talking archers head which i'm not a fin of because the hair was weird. after that i also made his hands a tad bigger to fit with the proportions of the talking 12" archers body. most things about the talking 12" archers body were already close enough to the movie puppet to change. I sanded off the bracers, rounded out the joints and re modeled his chest and back and raisted the spot his quiver rested on his back. i also added a neck joint so his head can move in a more realistic manner than either toy The Crossbow and arrows were 100% sculpted from green stuff some wooden rods, and other plastic parts found in my workshop. After that all that was left to do was paint him. If anyone has questions on how i painted him, look up "Warhammer Skaven Painting tutorials" on youtube.Surprisingly its a very similar process. some of the hardest parts about this sculpt were keeping the joints intact, and of course the crossbow which is a very delicate sculpt. This was very fun and this is not the last sculpt you'll see from me stay tuned! Good luck to all of your sculpts aswell.

Also the necklace was a quick thing i added at te last minute. Not m best work but I don't have access to the Jewelry making studio at my school until fall, If i still have this guy by then I'm definitely making a few necklaces

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back