Spaceship from Concept Art -WIP Scratch Build- UFP RV Montgomery Scott

plastic wine glasses are also a good source of engine bells, and they are very cheap to,

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) DSC04528.JPGDSC04529.JPGDSC04707.JPG

I always love how Easter Eggs make the best engine bells.
Always thought it would be a cool project to find the super large ones, and basically scale a whole star destroyer around them.
If you want fairly big engine bells, I have a egg cooker (plastic) that you can buy at a store, specializing in cooking implements. It's 5" in circumference and 3"1/2 in height. That would be a fairly large Star Destroyer;)

Right Jo- the Dollar Store is where I got the eggs I used on this ship.

I took a chance on this "thrift" store bag and.... it was a miss.
Oh well.

The stern of the ship is difficult to see in the artists drawing, especially the details.
I tried to recreate the general look of the art work.

26 back enlarged.jpg

I don't want to build on top of an "in-place" carcass, so each .04" (1mm) styrene section will be one complete panel (or plate), and then glued directly on to the hexagon bulkheads.

All 8 sections for the stern are 99% scratch, any colorful objects are from "elsewhere".

Top panel

27 top panel of back.jpg

(2) Upper slope side

28 upper side of back.jpg

(2) Vertical Side

Most areas I prefer to use "florist wire" for piping... instead of styrene. It's easier, at least for me, to get reliable (& repairable) bends with a pair of needle-nose pliers.. Readily available locally in several usable sizes, and cheaper too.

29 side of back.jpg

(2) Lower slope side

30 lower side of back.jpg

Bottom panel. This is actually 4 separate smaller panels that I built a few months ago as a test, then brought together.
Piping interconnects them.

31 bottom of back.jpg

These plates will get their primer when they are attached to the hexagon carcass... which will begin immediately.
Till next time...

The stern of the ship is difficult to see in the artists drawing, especially the details.
I tried to recreate the general look of the art work.

View attachment 1814308

I don't want to build on top of an "in-place" carcass, so each .04" (1mm) styrene section will be one complete panel (or plate), and then glued directly on to the hexagon bulkheads.

All 8 sections for the stern are 99% scratch, any colorful objects are from "elsewhere".

Top panel

View attachment 1814309

(2) Upper slope side

View attachment 1814310

(2) Vertical Side

Most areas I prefer to use "florist wire" for piping... instead of styrene. It's easier, at least for me, to get reliable (& repairable) bends with a pair of needle-nose pliers.. Readily available locally in several usable sizes, and cheaper too.

View attachment 1814311

(2) Lower slope side

View attachment 1814312

Bottom panel. This is actually 4 separate smaller panels that I built a few months ago as a test, then brought together.
Piping interconnects them.

View attachment 1814313

These plates will get their primer when they are attached to the hexagon carcass... which will begin immediately.
Till next time...
I love your panels! I'm saving these photos to my idea log. Don't be surprised if you see some of these panel ideas pop up in one of my builds

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back