SS Betty (Alien Resurrection)

Should have some update pics this weekend. i molded the pistons and cast the parts. the wing is ready for molding. and im getting ready to vac form the shell that goes around the wing engine. So much to do on this. i wish i had a few more friends to help out.

OK im Back. had a few bucks to spend so i bought some silicone and resin and cast a few parts. and started on the main engine. I really love shaping patterns its fun and for me very relaxing. so heres a bunch of pics of what i did today.
I molded and cast the 4 engine pistons

And heres the vac plug for the wings engine. I made the pattern and did a tooling concrete mold.

And the final part to use on the vac table.

And for the biggen of them all. the main engine is started its made from Urethane foam and coated in bondo. once i get it all trued up i will cut in all the details and mold this baby. Heres a few a pics.

I nailed the shape perfectly on the engine. I just need to sand in the fine details and spray a nice heavy coat of Sandy primer on this and it will be ready to mold.

Thanks for checking this out. any questions or comments please feel free to comment or send me a PM.

Ok moving through the process, it always starts out a little rough, then you got smooth things out. Its a little farther along than what you see here. but didnt have my camera today. its almost ready for a good coat of high build primer. then i will start adding the plating and details.. heres a few pics. any questions or comments just ask.

Great progress Al-san!
I'm so glad you'ii start detailing soon.

I was trying to ask you about the model stand with wheels.
Is that for a music instrument or something else?

katsu

Hi Katsu. Thanks.

That stand is from a photography light. Its rated for 300 pounds. They were gettig rid of them at work and i grabbed it before it hit the dumpster.

The stands with lights are about $650 So it was a great deal

Al

That part is smoothing out nice .......I do the same thing I
put tape down on areas I don't want to mess up. You see how
big it is on the stand and the cockpit isn't even done yet good stuff!!

It's looking really nice, Al. I had to take a break from all my projects because of my new job, but my workshop is almost ready, so I intend to move everything into it and begin knocking off unfinished projects to make room for new ones... I have about another month before I can get in there and start working. It'll be nice to finally finish something. Working in the kitchen at the table is fun, but either my wife, my four year old, or my dog seem to destroy everything I build! LOL (keep it up, sir. you inspire me. :) )

I was at New Deal Studios for a tour this year and got a few photos from the tour. I don't know the history on this model but I thought I'd share them, in case they are of use. Sorry for the crummy camera phone action.

-Z The _Betty_01.JPGThe _Betty_02.JPGThe _Betty_03.JPGThe _Betty_04.JPG

Thanks for sharing zookone! Pics are just fine. That must'v been a really fun tour. Was this a public invite or did you have an insider pull you in?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back