Unlimited Run Stands for RelicMaker's oval cubic zirconia "Lao Che's Diamond"

shpider

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
These are stands for RelicMaker's oval cubic zirconia "Lao Che's Diamond", a.k.a. The "Peacock's Eye", a.k.a The "Eye of the Peacock Diamond"...

I made these stands for my own use, but decided to put them up for others looking for a similar solution (I couldn't find anything adequate). I designed these to be a little tall to raise the Diamond up and allow one to see it in all of it's gorgeous glory from all angles...

I've attached sample pictures of the prototype stands printed on my home 3D printer... Results from Shapeways will obviously be significantly superior... Unfortunately, the pictures don't show off the bevels and curves very well... but you may be able to see them better in the 3D render views...

russellsch posted some great pics of the stands he received a little further down the page, be sure to take a look at those...

Obviously, this is for the stands only... The diamond in the pictures is mine and you cant have it ! ;-)

Pricing on these ranges depending on size and material - Large $16-$45, Small $11-$27
(Ignore the sticker shock on the landing page... there is a dropdown allowing material selection.)

The stands can be found here : Shpider 3D by shpider - Shapeways Shops

Large Stand :
DIamond Stand.jpgDIamond Stand 2.jpg

Small Stand :
IMG_3367.jpgView attachment IMG_3363.jpg

Comparison of the 2 sizes :
IMG_3357.jpgIMG_3358.jpg

3D Renders showing the curves and bevels:
Screenshot 2018-02-05 21.27.19.pngScreenshot 2018-02-05 21.26.33.png

- - - Updated - - -

BTW I can also tweak these and make round versions for folks with different versions of the Diamond... Let me know if it's something I should do...

IMG_3367.jpg

View attachment IMG_3363.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

DIamond Stand 2.jpg

DIamond Stand.jpg

Screenshot 2018-02-05 21.27.19.png

Screenshot 2018-02-05 21.26.33.png

Last edited:
Re: Stands for RelicMaker's oval cubic zirconia "Lao Che's DIamond"

I have both round (multiples) and the oval one. Both type of stands would be cool.

Handy! Ordered a metal one.

Yeah finding stands for certain props that either fit them or don't look awfully out of place can sometimes be a small headache.

Re: Stands for RelicMaker's oval cubic zirconia "Lao Che's DIamond"

I have both round (multiples) and the oval one. Both type of stands would be cool.

I thinking of 27mm outside diameter for the small and 37mm outside diameter for the large... Thoughts ?

I actually don't have a round version of the diamond... Would someone with calipers mind setting them to say 35mm and 25mm to see how the diamond sits between the jaws ?

Thanks for letting me know of my mistake :thumbsup I guess I ordered small, D'OH!
When I get home tonight, I'll check the barn. There might be a set in there.

To make things easier, I just linked to the site where it shows all versions...

Last edited:
Got my stand for the Lao Che Diamond a few days ago. I love this thing!
I like how it shows off the diamond without drawing attention to itself.
20180301_175900.jpg 20180301_180011.jpg
20180301_180045.jpg

Oh, & I measure the diamond at 44.8mm x 35.3mm round & 25mm tall

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back