Temple of Doom Indiana Jones Machete

If I remember correctly the Noble Collection version is pretty good but Todd nailed it. Originally his were too long, so he cut them down after a few long ones were delivered.

I believe the above pics of Todd's are pretty much it.

1655919513955.png

1655919561701.png

I am a little limited in what I can do as far as the width of some pieces goes - the laser cutter can only go through so much.

However, I can bump the handle up an additional .5 inches on the pommel, and taper it down to the brass. I made a crude illustrator drawing to illustrate this.

It *will* force me to raise the price a bit, as the materials and labor is gonna increase a bit. I will have a lot more sanding and shaping to do.

I will not be able to reliably get the groove into the blade. This is a limitation of my shop space.

I *do* think the one Harrison is using in a lot of the stills appears to have the handle painted. It looks a little rough, especially in the show with it in his teeth, but that blade certainly looks like steel or some other metal.

If people can add their .02 in, I'd be happy to do them with the added width on the handle, but I would have to raise the run price to $300 looking at the material costs and labor.

Attachments

• Machete wide grip example.jpg
    Machete wide grip example.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 99
I understand. If it can't be accurate with the groove and proper handle width, etc. I would need to pass.

I appreciate your honesty about what you can and can't do.

Hey all,

I am gonna move forward on this project. I am going to upgrade the aluminum stock to a more durable alloy pre-hardened aluminum. I don't have worries about the aluminum I used on the first one, but upgrading it is not going to break the bank.
If you want to commit to a machete, please comment below, and send me a direct message with your email address. I will write up a PayPal invoice for each interested party. Please include your current mailing address in the notes - sometimes accounts aren't updated, so I just want to make sure I send to the correct address.

Once they are done, I will send a separate invoice for the shipping. The rates will vary quite a bit depending on location. I will ship them in mailing tubes or triangular boxes (depending on availability)

I'll keep the run rolling as well, as I have a few folks who definitely want one, so I will get extra materials.

Thanks!

PM sent! I'm stoked to finally be adding one of these to my collection!

EDIT: Payment sent!

Last edited:
Hey all

I was recently shown some good reference for the machetes, and I have changed the designs accordingly.

Attached is a quick illustrator drawing with the changes. Essentially the pommel and handle have some design changes. It is also slightly longer.

I also purchased a new sander to make the tapering of the grip easier.
DE96EE0F-E9D7-45B3-8686-DF04D5735E44.jpeg

I was also able to find a great dremel bit that allows me to add the detail on the blade a few of you all were interested in . I don't have any super high grit paper on hand, but you can see the aluminum is polishing up nicelY with wd40 and 220 grit
66FD5F4F-DA3B-4E02-A45F-7609765EEF8A.jpeg

I was also able to find a great dremel bit that allows me to add the detail on the blade a few of you all were interested in . I don't have any super high grit paper on hand, but you can see the aluminum is polishing up nicelY with wd40 and 220 grit View attachment 1593304

This was real important to me. So glad you can do it.

If it's okay please put me back on the list.

Thanks

Tom

If you want to make it more SA, make the brass gaurd shorter by adding a silver ring around the handle where the brass meets the wood. About 3/8" max into the brass.

I also recommend making the blade about 2 inches longer.

Attachments

• 20201007_084009.jpg
    20201007_084009.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 80
If you want to make it more SA, make the brass gaurd shorter by adding a silver ring around the handle where the brass meets the wood. About 3/8" max into the brass.

I also recommend making the blade about 2 inches longer.
So, I have been chatting a lot with Mooniteman about the machete - and there appears to be very little continuity with what version Harrison has shot to shot. That one in his teeth, to me, looks like it is a cast version. That grip looks pretty painted to me - seeing has how uneven some of the lines are. That grip also looks quite a bit thicker than other handles.

On the latest mock up, and the final versions I have at the cutters now have the aluminum piece between the brass and the oak handles.

I don't want to post Mooniteman's screen caps without permission, maybe he can chime in! He has been incredibly helpful on this project.

I think Egon is on his way to posting this, but yeah that machete in his teeth is a really chunky stunt one for sure. The paint on the handle is very crude. It's probably the one he ran with down the bridge. It looks like all the promo images have this stunt one.

Honestly after looking at more screenshots I'm not sure he ever used a "real" one; given they are on a suspension bridge that 100% makes sense though.

That said: I like Egon's version 1000 x better than this chunky thing.

0abf50295d41a01aa8f48dba69cb5c33-1200-80.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 11.19.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 7.57.24 AM.png

Also fun fact: the machete he steals in the scene prior is a totally different knife. This movie has HORRIBLE continuity.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 6.39.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-30 at 7.59.21 AM.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back