Star Destroyer #3

Thanks everyone!

Well, I'm finally ready to move on to other things. However, this model won't be considered complete until I can replace the 'stand-in' parts with the pieces from the one remaining, elusive kit; the 1/24 Bandai Panther G. Part of the reason it is elusive is that it is so rare, the other reason is that when one does come along on ebay, it is impossibly expensive. So, until such pieces come along, she is as complete as she can be for now.

Thanks to all for your support, your help and your coolness! This model would not have turned out nearly as well without the folks here at RPF!

Ingalsbe-Star-Destroyer-view-2aa.jpg

I just cannot believe how nearly perfect this is. As a kid I always wanted to build one, and seeing you do this just reopens that door! Any plans on a SSD?

I just cannot believe how nearly perfect this is. As a kid I always wanted to build one, and seeing you do this just reopens that door! Any plans on a SSD?

Thanks! As a kid I always wanted to build one of these too. It's such a dream come true to be at this stage, and it's even MORE accurate now than it was at WonderFest, thanks to Craig and the parts I bought from him recently! Still more to do on it. I'm waiting for other kits in the mail, and others to become available. I plan to post more photos when I get it to a certain point.

No plans for a SSD. This one was intense enough for now. You need to pour a LOT of money into building these things. It will be a while before I can build anything else this detailed again.

Thanks everyone!

Excellent photos, Jedilaw! I'm always looking for more references. Thanks for the link! I envy those who have seen it in person in a museum. I would love to some day!

Well, the tour I saw in '07 included the Devastator, but not the 8' Avenger and not the Executor. I've not heard of either one of them being on tour currently.

Personally, I'd really love to see the Death Star II, but that one is too fragile to leave the archives.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back