Star Trek (2009 J.J. Abrams movie) Phaser Defined Thread!

saw that rubies one at party city, apparently it has sound as well. Otherwise looked like a good size.

i picked up two of the Rubies ones. The emitter is off set because it actually turns manually. the sound effects are cheaper versions of the playmates. The sounds are also like the star wars stuff, two sound effects but one trigger, so it's always stun, kill, stun, kill, stun, kill. I'm hoping to mod at least one of them someday

The sounds are also like the star wars stuff, two sound effects but one trigger, so it's always stun, kill, stun, kill, stun, kill. I'm hoping to mod at least one of them someday

Not those. Anything but the Hasbro blaster sound sequence! I freakin hate the way those work.

i picked up two of the Rubies ones. The emitter is off set because it actually turns manually. the sound effects are cheaper versions of the playmates. The sounds are also like the star wars stuff, two sound effects but one trigger, so it's always stun, kill, stun, kill, stun, kill. I'm hoping to mod at least one of them someday

How does it compare to the AA?

To be honest, it feels better in my hand than the playmates. the Rubies has a little more bulk to it. Probably more "screen accurate" than the playmates one. If I get a chance this weekend, I'll try and get a shot of them together.

i saw one at local costume shop -- size seems comparable to Playmates version, but the nozzle being offset is certainly not more accurate -- and I'm not sure if you can push it back far enough -- if someone gets one and mods it, please let us know if nozzle assembly can be easily removed and repositioned to match screen-used prop. If so, this may be worth having.

Found these in another thread... screen shots from the DVD release of the movie:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:cool:thumbsup

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back