Interest STAR TREK BEYOND Command Jacket (custom sized) Prototype pics added Oct.18

Zlurpo

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Seeing if there would be interest in a Star Trek Beyond jacket.

Prototype:

5p0FGY9.jpg

See post #40 for a discussion of the colors with additional images.

s front.jpg
It's got like 5 different types of fabric and piping all over it. Fun times. It would probably NOT include the shoulder patches, the Star Fleet logo, or the little silver tabs or the greeblies under the yellow areas on the shoulders.

Price would probably be $450 + shipping.

I'm having a sample made, there's some pictures on page 2.

Last edited:
Re: Star Trek Beyond Command Jacket (custom sized)

Maybe there will be more interest once the movie release is closer?

Well for the one or two of you following along, I've decided I'm gonna go ahead with a sample anyway. Here's a better photo, too.

crop.jpg

Pretty sure I've worked out what all the fabrics are. Firm price will come once the sample is done.

Sounds like a good plan.

Here is an album I put together of the best reference images I could find (highest resolution).
http://imgur.com/a/85tG2

This image shows the materials best I thought:
IuwzYwX.jpg

I've been studying these images for a while and think I've found how the materials on the back and sides work. Might draw up some images to explain it better if you would like.

Sounds like a good plan.

Here is an album I put together of the best reference images I could find (highest resolution).
http://imgur.com/a/85tG2

This image shows the materials best I thought:
View attachment 637473

I've been studying these images for a while and think I've found how the materials on the back and sides work. Might draw up some images to explain it better if you would like.

I'd be happy to take any info you have! Back when I first posted this interest thread, I drew up this:
color coding front and back.jpg

Those were the closest thing available then to high res pics. With the newer ones, I've been able to identify that I was wrong on the yellow on the shoulders, and the blue part that I have marked as leather.

Also, you may want to switch out your Kirk and Chekov pic for this one, it's quite a bit larger:
View attachment new 4.jpg
Great album, though, I'd already sent every one of those to my manufacturer :D

its a really fun jacket and I knew once i saw it in the trailer would make for a great riding jacket around town. looking forward to your sample jacket.

Just checking in to mention my possible interest. I will be following your progress. :)

Re: STAR TREK BEYOND Command Jacket (custom sized)

I'm interested. Of course depending on outcome of prototype. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: STAR TREK BEYOND Command Jacket (custom sized)

I have been studying the reference images and come up with what I think the hip area looks like. I wasn't going on much reference so I used some of my creativity to come up with something that sorta looked okay to me. That Image is this:

WJqgx5B.jpg

These last few days some new clips / trailers were released so of course I had to binge all of the ones that had already been released. I found that the first trailer actually had some decent shots of the jacket and came up with this final design instead:

Glu6C3e.jpg

Of course these were quick drawings so I didn't get all of the proportions exactly right.

The references I found are here if anyone was wondering what I was referring to:

CV55YQy.jpg
BNtmrwi.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back