Interest STAR TREK BEYOND Command Jacket (custom sized) Prototype pics added Oct.18

Re: STAR TREK BEYOND Command Jacket (custom sized)

Ever since seeing the trailers as well as now the movie I have been intrigued (read in love) with the jacket. I am interested. Curious to see your prototype.

Thanks
Brian

movies out....research gone well? pants? thanks
Some high-res photos that came out a few weeks ago were enough to get things started, hopefully the prototype will get finished this week and shipped to me. We'll see how it looks. Pants I'm still not sure of, because until the movie is released in HD it'll be tough to get all the references I'd need for them, unless someone took a lot of good photos at one of the Star Trek events where they had them on display (I've seen some pics, but not enough to have the whole pants pattern.

Ever since seeing the trailers as well as now the movie I have been intrigued (read in love) with the jacket. I am interested. Curious to see your prototype.

Thanks
Brian

Coming soon, I hope!

I would definitely be down to get one! I would like to get the most accurate jacket I can and possibly pants

Any other interest? Things are moving along nicely with the fabric for the sample, I should have some pictures soon of all the types/colors and even the printed fabric that makes up a large portion of the jacket.

Ok, this is NOT a final piece, but just to show you where things are headed, this is a little sample bit that's been mocked up.
Pv9EvXh.jpg

Again, these aren't the final fabrics, just to show where things are headed.

You should do a female cut of this jacket since anovos is only doing males it would be cool to have female ones

I should have more pics of the complete sample in a week or so!

Update with some progress photos. Please note that colors are subject to change...

Front
EPXZRKP.jpg

Back
r76D24Y.jpg

Re: STAR TREK BEYOND Command Jacket (custom sized) Pics page 2

Ok guys, the prototype is here. It has issues, as prototypes usually do, but it's pretty good I think. A long list of little details that would need changing (shoulder pad shape, placement of some panel pieces, angles of panel pieces, print pattern size and quality, uniformity of sewn lines, type of material in a few places...)

Most things I'm aware of. But I'd love feedback on what color people want most. So here are the pictures of the prototype, as well as two different color schemes based on two different shots of the film jacket.

And the lighter color scheme:

---

And the darker:

---

Thoughts? Input?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back