Star Trek: Discovery Season 5

Photon torpedos have both matter and antimatter. for a short range shot like this you can remove most of the matter, since it's not needed for propulsion, and max out your antimatter load.
Clearly PHOTORPS have m/a in them as their source of reaction.

Except my point was that they stated their solution was to put antimatter INTO the PHOTORP.

More accurately, they stated that they could take out the photon torpedoes payload, and replace it with antimatter. That led to my facetious comment that they don't use m/a in 32nd century photorps. In other words, I was off handedly mocking their lack of knowing, or lack of caring, about even the most simple Trek Tech.

Then again, we still could be wrong. Maybe 32nd century photorps don't use m/a as their primary reaction source. But I doubt it.

Last edited:
Clearly PHOTORPS have m/a in them as their source of reaction.

Except my point was that they stated their solution was to put antimatter INTO the PHOTORP.

More accurately, they stated that they could take out the photon torpedoes payload, and replace it with antimatter. That led to my facetious comment that they don't use m/a in 32nd century photorps. In other words, I was off handedly mocking their lack of knowing, or lack of caring, about even the most simple Trek Tech.

Then again, we still could be wrong. Maybe 32nd century photorps don't use m/a as their primary reaction source. But I doubt it.
They use explodium.

Labyrinth

Anyone care for some spoilers here? There's a couple of minor ones, but nothing that'll ruin the ep for anyone.

Okay then. The travelling archives that's been around for 800 years or whatever either comes with space clouds, or creates space clouds, OR there are just space clouds everywhere in Discovery. Star Trek: Space Clouds.

I note the modern sci fi show space smoke realistically billowing out and trailing behind ships... In a vacuum. And now multicoloured. Because warp engines are blue, and so is their smoke...

Energy weapons! Apparently that and tractor beams are all wibbly wobbly. Straight lines are so pre-2020's.

Back to the book mobile. 800 years or whatever, and it's defenses are garbage. On top of that, i can barely recall, but I think they said that it moves so it can avoid being easily found, but is also super easy to find. Star Trek: Continuity

I don't mind the idea of Burhnam being the main character. Former mutineer to head of Future Starfleet go to Captain, makes no sense, but she is the main character. My issue is that she does NOTHING with anyone else. Sure some other characters sometime trail along, but she always leaves to do her thing. It doesn't help her that her acting is limited to serene and incredibly emotional. Star Trek: Captain Bipolar

Okay, this episode was again, nothing. It wasn't interesting. Some things happened. Not a big deal. The main murderous baddy is being made out to be another pity party character who we are expected to start to emphasize with?

The big bad Breen apparently have nowhere to be all the time except to stand around some cavernous space, and be so easily manipulated by simple short speeches from an outsider.

Just like the Borg were made to be goodies in Picard, I suspect the big bad, what's her name, Moll, or L'ak,, will become a goodie, or someone we all should feel for by the end of this season. Forgiving The Murders From Last Week (Because for us, that ep was 8 weeks ago). Star Trek: Short Term Memory.

I came into this final season with an open mind. I really WANT to see some Star Trek. I was expecting some future world building. Some characters that reflect that future. And some better dialogue in general.

What have we got so far? A ****** season arc concept. A lousy execution of that story. SO MANY SPACE CLOUDS. Nothing by convenience and coincident for EVERY solution to the child like problems. The dialogue is incredibly basic, 20th/21st century sounding, and rarely reflects whatever story they're trying to tell. Bad people who we're supposed to start feeling for, with a bait and switch by bringing in EXTRA bad people to try to make us forget. The ******* floating and panning camera shots on characters. ALWAYS bobbing, weaving, slowly panning around the character. Tilly. A bunch of other characters. Space Cronenberg that looks like Today Cronenberg. And more ******* Space Clouds.

Oh, and it's also now Rat Race. First L'ak and Moll seeking these super difficult (ha) clues, and now the Breen (who don't even really know what the **** this tech is about). Star Trek: Rat Race.

And of course, for more contrived self induced tension, the Spore Drive not only couldn't get them where they needed to go, it's now broken.

It's a true race! It's ooooon!

*sigh*

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back