Unlimited Run Star Trek Movie Communicator Lids and Midplates

Got mine today. They look Great.

I would like to add my name to the second list for the following.
1 ST3 raw
2 STV raw
2 brass midplate A

Got mine also. Very nice. Thanks for making these! :D :thumbsup

What size/type of screws do I need to get to replace the ones that came with the kit?
I cut down the brass rod to fit properly, but the screws I have are now too short to use.

It's a 4-40 screw on the Stapleton kit. I also had to cut the rod down but the original screws worked just fine.

It's a 4-40 screw on the Stapleton kit. I also had to cut the rod down but the original screws worked just fine.

I must have a different size. Mine are too short. They are almost exactly the same length as the spacer is wide.

I can send you replacements if you want. Just PM me with your address again.

A Note About The Screws:
Stapleton used 4-40 screws (#4 Screw size 40 threads per inch) for his kits.
Most copies used a 6-32 (#6 Screw size 32 threads per inch) which is larger in diameter.
I made the holes in the spacers a #4 because the Stapleton kits are the most redly available at this time. SO - If you are using the ST3 lid on anything other than the Stapleton, you will need to drill out the spacers, a very simple operation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless otherwise requested. I will be removing the spacer from my 3 kits, and going with a longer screw from here on out with these lids. It will make things easy for us both because I will not need to make 2 styles of pins, and you guys won't need to sand them down.

- - - Updated - - -

I must have a different size. Mine are too short. They are almost exactly the same length as the spacer is wide.

That could be. I had 2 different lengths. Both worked with the last lids so I didn't pay it much attention.

Yeah, this was a hard thing to anticipate for sure. I kept the files the same as the originals as far as the screw sizes and changed the hubs on the ST3 to fit the Stapleton movie comms.

Thanks for the fix Myron.

B

Cool, glad it's taken care of.

You guys wiped me out of the ST3 lids - more will be available in a week.

Thanks again.

Just received my Star Trek 5 lid and midplate a half hour ago! They are beautiful!! Thank You comm510 for making these available to everyone that bought the Stapleton kits!! I'm sure I'm not alone when I say Thank You for helping us finish our communicators!!! I paid on Thursday and got it today! Now that's customer service! :) great job!!!

Don't waste time, or time will waste you!

Received my lids too and they are absolutely great. Thanks for making these.
I don't quite understand how to attach the V comm lid though. The only fix I can think of is that it needs a longer brass rod. The attachment points where the screws would go in on the lid are too wide. Where would I get the correct rod?
Thanks

You can use a 6-32 (which again is the correct screw) and re-thread the tube but there's nothing wrong with the fit. That's how the original STVs and all of the Coyle STIIIs were made.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back