Star Wars Ahsoka (tv series)

So the scene that was rumored occurred on Mustafar. From all reports, it was filmed but cut.

In the scene, Ahsoka never left the Jedi Order & was with Kenobi when he confronted Anakin. In this "What If?" scenario, Anakin defeated Kenobi, but then fought Ahsoka & lost. In all that, he STILL became Vader, in both spirit & physically, so it showed Ahsoka she could let go of her guilt for 'abandoning' Anakin & showed her the truth of it always being his destiny.

As visually incredible as that could've been, I appreciate the restraint in achieving the same outcome with the scenes we got. Now she's free.
I would really like to see that deleted scene fully finished. :oops:

With a side of favs beans & a nice Chianti?

LOL
Serious Silence Of The Lambs GIF

The same could be said if you really enjoyed liver and nothing anyone said would change your mind. If it all boils down to well "I just like it" or "I just hate it" with nothing backed up with evidence it's kind of pointless and having a critical discussion is difficult. On top of that trying to be objective about things we are passionate about is hard no matter where on the issues we stand. Some of us are kind of in the middle, enjoy some Disney/ Filoni content but not all and that makes it confusing to the polarized.

I agree about there being a lot of opinion here. Criticism isn't just saying "I don't like this" or "I like this," it's "here's what I think and here's the evidence to back it up."
Totally agree.

I guess in the process of discussion, I haven't really shared any of my criticisms, but there absolutely are a few.

For example, I agree that the saber impaling trend that seems to be all the rage is completely overdone, & I especially hated seeing it happen to Sabine. Mainly because there was opportunity to do SO MUCH there.

Like a boss I once had told me, "Don't bring me problems or complaints unless you have a solution as well", & that advice has served me well, so imagine this...

You REALLY want to hammer home Ahsoka's guilt over leaving Anakin, so instead of having Sabine get impaled & left for dead, what if Shin had cut off Sabine's arm? It is a classic SW trope, so it wouldn't have been out of place, & NOW, everytime Ahsoka looks at Sabine, she's reminded of her former Master. Another person she's 'abandoned', who's willing to sacrifice "right" in order to save someone they've grown attached to, & you have a physical manifestation of someone losing their humanity little by little.

Now you don't have to have Sabine ACTUALLY go full dark, but having that reminder in Ahsoka's head could've really added to her struggle with forgiving herself.

The YT channel Screen Crush half-jokingly is referring to Ahsoka after her ordeal as "Ahsoka the White", and wow, that nails it. She had her Balrog transformation. White robe, even.

Ahsoka the White has been a thing since the end of Rebels when she shows up to collect Sabine in the coda wearing the white robe and staff. Its just that Filoni reshot that scene in live action without the white robes and staff, moved her transformation to here. Not the sort of character development you want to leave off screen.

So the scene that was rumored occurred on Mustafar. From all reports, it was filmed but cut.

In the scene, Ahsoka never left the Jedi Order & was with Kenobi when he confronted Anakin. In this "What If?" scenario, Anakin defeated Kenobi, but then fought Ahsoka & lost. In all that, he STILL became Vader, in both spirit & physically, so it showed Ahsoka she could let go of her guilt for 'abandoning' Anakin & showed her the truth of it always being his destiny.

As visually incredible as that could've been, I appreciate the restraint in achieving the same outcome with the scenes we got. Now she's free.
When doing a search for deleted scene, I thought this was the one you were referencing

So what exactly did Ahsoka learn… that she wants to live? I didn’t really get the lesson she learned from being shown she was taught to be a soldier, but more.
To me, it's her letting go of the guilt she felt over Anakin turning to the Dark side. All the talk about having a Padawan, the unusual training during wartime, & seeing Anakin as he was instead of how she's remembered him, showed her she was carrying baggage that was holding her back. She can now move on, maybe be a better teacher to Sabine or even Jacen.

Saying she wanted to live was saying she wasn't burying herself in guilt.

That's what I got from it anyways.

The price of a proper hilt, the 200-300 usd + a proper board and the install is nothing to a production like this. I’ve seen hundreds of thousand dollars worth handmade potware wasted just because the director did not like them. Prices of these things don’t matter if quality matters.
But why bother when you could save money and buy something off the shelf that the vast majority of viewers won't even notice? Sure, getting something custom made might not cost them that much but it's still money spent needlessly and could be better spent elsewhere. That extra bit of money might be enough to pay for one more pass on an effects shot that would take it from just pretty good to great.

Ahsoka the White has been a thing since the end of Rebels when she shows up to collect Sabine in the coda wearing the white robe and staff. Its just that Filoni reshot that scene in live action without the white robes and staff, moved her transformation to here. Not the sort of character development you want to leave off screen.

The only difference is that Gandalf was sent back by Eru Iluvatar to assist in the destruction of Sauron and indeed Sauron was destroyed and Middle Earth remained relatively peaceful until Gandalf sailed to the West.

In Ahsoka's case, even if she was sent back to defeat Thrawn and succeeded, it would have been for nothing as all roads would ultimately lead to The First Order, Palpatine's return and the destruction of the New Republic.

Last edited:
The only difference is that Gandalf came back to assist in the destruction of Sauron and indeed Sauron was destroyed and Middle Earth remained relatively peaceful until Gandalf sailed to the West.

In Ahsoka's case, even if she was sent back to defeat Thrawn and succeeded, it would have been for nothing as all roads would lead ultimately lead to The First Order, Palpatine's return and the destruction of the New Republic.
In a short term view, yes, you're absolutely correct, but in the larger scheme of things, both the First Order & Palpatine were defeated, & to be quite honest, if this New Republic was what we've seen so far, then it NEEDED to be wiped clean.

My point being, Thrawn returning would have not only strengthened the First Order, he could've made them almost unbeatable. There would've been nothing at all to stop Palpatine from transitioning to the Final Order. If Ahsoka's ONLY purpose was to ultimately stop Thrawn (& we don't know if that happens here or not), then she served the will of the Force in doing her 'small' part in the greater good.

But why bother when you could save money and buy something off the shelf that the vast majority of viewers won't even notice? Sure, getting something custom made might not cost them that much but it's still money spent needlessly and could be better spent elsewhere. That extra bit of money might be enough to pay for one more pass on an effects shot that would take it from just pretty good to great.
Because it’s easy to complain about, whilst simultaneously being a perfect opportunity to show off their personal opinion on the products in question. ;)

That is not how movie production works. There is a budget per department. Props department completely independent from VFX and or costume or everyone else. And believe me, they don’t save money on hero props. Especially not a few bucks when they spend thousands of dollars only on glues.

Also it has to be duel capable and Disney park sabers are not.

Knowing Disney I wouldn’t be surprised if the hilt was CGI :D. But I am pretty sure they did not save money on it. No point and no reason. They probably had one belt hanger and one stunt, that is usually the case. It is not like they had to buy 10 of a real vintage MPP where one cost like 3000 USD. Then they would save by buying replicas. But to save even more by buying cheap replicas, that amount doesn’t matter.

Last edited:
A life regret will be not seeing this in IMAX.
Get yourself a big arse projector..
They are cheaper than a TV in most cases mines an Epson 4K. It's like going to the cinema sometimes better than as the treats are free and no que for the breaks..

This week's episode gave me the chills, it also goes a long way to show why Ashoka is the way she is and it left me wanting more.
I guess a personality change will occure in Ashoka now and if Sabine hasn't switched sides as a ruse it's how Ashoka will gain her trust..
Yes basically it's The same old Journeyman Greek fable Disney are renowned for using in pretty much all their movies but once it would be nice to see the bad guys win.
Despite not watching everything SW Ashoka and Andor have been two of my favorite characters to have emerged in recent SW..

"More live action Clone wars we must see"

No more filler episodes let's keep up the momentum here..

"I believe in equality -- equality for everyone … no matter how stupid they are, or how much better I am than they are." -- Steve Martin, circa 1975.

An aside: Maybe it's just me, but Steve Martin (especially in the '70s and '80s), looks like the zany Mr. Hyde to Harrison Ford's reserved Dr. Jekyll -- only the hair color was different!

SSB
I've always thought they could have played some seriously cool pranks... Maybe they did.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back