Star Wars Ahsoka (tv series)

But for me that adds to the disconnect. Because suddenly Anakin is this mature knight with a Padawan just a couple months out from Episode II. (Not to mention his appearance doesn't look right.) If they maybe had set TCW back 6 months to year, I might be able to buy it a bit more. (Though part of this problem is because TCW was initially meant to be a sequel to the micro series, where Anakin was knighted.)

One of the best parts about the old Clone Wars Multimedia Project is seeing Anakin transition from the person he is in Episode II to the person he is at the beginning of Episode III. And along with that, is watching Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship shifting. Changing from a kind of father/son relationship to that of brothers, like we see in Episode III. TCW sadly tosses all of that, in favor for Anakin's relationship with a character we don't see or talk about in Episode III.
A couple of months of war is plenty of time to drastically mature someone

To be honest, last week I was over it and had planned not to keep watching. Then Anakin showed up in the last scene…
for me, i was looking forward to the last episode and Anakin and all.. while i thought the lightsaber fights and the clone wars visuals were spot on, i thought Anakins fighting scenes were quick and powerful.. the fighting style was great, and the armor and visuals were what you would expect from a live action clone war segment. But again, the dialogue and acting were garbage, not just in the anakin scenes, but throughout the episode.
To me, the dialogue added nothing. And i still had the issues of slow scenes and long gaps of manufactured drama and weight when there was none. And it didnt stop at the clone and Anakin scenes. Overall, as much as i wanted to see a good Ahsoka show, i dont think it delivered. I still give the series a 4/10 with the new episode.

The one part of the Anakin/Ahsoka scenes that really felt out of place was the "I was joking" segment. Hayden's delivery there was so choppy and I'm not quite sure what purpose it served. I feel like it was intentionally awkward...but why? DIdn't ruin the episode clearly.

I agree that showing is much better than telling and that certain writer/directors like to repeat things, a lot. Also that the writing in this series is not as memorable or original as it should or could be.

A lot of his criticisms are oversimplified and he seems to conveniently ignore the scenes and moments that don't support his views. It's like reading a book and only reviewing certain chapters. So its hard to take commentaries like this for more than just a few laughs. Definitely funny at times though.

Last Tuesday, someone every special to me, my best friend/mentor/father figure, died unexpectedly.

He was the one who introduced me to theatre, and I was on scholarship for years because of it. Not bragging, but I was lead in my first show, and many others. I won awards, and everyone talked about my bright future. I eventually got a masters degree in the disciple. My friend retired, and the plan for many years was for me to take over his professorship. Won’t give details, but the hiring committee and institution did some very shady things, and I didn’t get the job. Subsequently, I’ve had depression, anxiety, and panic attacks since. I have no plans to ever return to the stage.

And through all of this, especially his passing, I can feel Ashoka’s pain, pulling away from the Jedi order, the betrayal, loss of friends, loss of normalcy, loss of a mentor, and the list goes on. It was very timely for me, to see an episode like this, and though I was probably ripe with emotion…this episode really did mean something to me.

Last edited:
Last Tuesday, someone every special to me, my best friend/mentor/father figure, died unexpectedly.

He was the one who introduced me to theatre, and I was on scholarship for years because of it. Not bragging, but I was lead in my first show, and many others. I won awards, and everyone talked about my bright future. I eventually got a masters degree in the disciple. My friend retired, and the plan for many years was for me to take over his professorship. Won’t give details, but the hiring committee and institution did some very shady things, and I didn’t get the job. Subsequently, I’ve had depression, anxiety, and panic attacks since. I have no plans to ever return to the stage.

And through all of this, especially his passing, I can feel Ashoka’s pain, pulling away from the Jedi order, the betrayal, loss of friends, loss of normalcy, lost or a mentor, and the list goes on. It was very timely for me, to see an episode like this, and though I was probably ripe with emotion…this episode really did mean something to me.
So sorry for your loss.

Holy hilarity…

IMG_1223.jpeg

And through all of this, especially his passing, I can feel Ashoka’s pain, pulling away from the Jedi order, the betrayal, loss of friends, loss of normalcy, loss of a mentor, and the list goes on. It was very timely for me, to see an episode like this, and though I was probably ripe with emotion…this episode really did mean something to me.
My friend, my sincere condolences for you.

I get your point, but if you'd poured 3+ years of your life into someone, only to have them walk away from you, not because of something YOU did, but you end up being collateral damage, then I doubt you'd bring them up every day in conversation. Considering RotS only covered a few days at most, it's more plausible than not that Ahsoka wouldn't have been mentioned.

Also, folks can blame Filoni all they want to, but he only designed the character at first, it was everyone's Uncle George that insisted that she was Anakin's Padawan. Even after pushback from Dave saying Anakin didn't have a Padawan, George responded with a simple "Anakin had a Padawan.".
Not everything George does is golden. And he certainly doesn't feel confined by continuity.

To the point of Anakin's maturity, he WASN'T a mature Knight in the CW movie that started it all. Yoda insisted he take on Ahsoka to hopefully force him to mature.
Anakin is a knight. Dave and Henry decided that he should be knighted right at the start of the war. So that he and Obi-Wan would be "equals." That was before George mandated that Ahsoka would be Anakin's Padawan.(Dave and Henry were going to have her be Obi-Wan's new Padawan.)

A couple of months of war is plenty of time to drastically mature someone
Certainly it could. Though I suspect that Anakin would just get off on war, being able to release all that pent up anger and fear.

And at least it would be nice to see that, or at least hear about it. Anakin in Episode II and Anakin in Episode III, are two different characters. It would have been nice to see that transition between those different versions. Instead TCW just takes Anakin as is in the beginning of Episode III and cranks it's up to a 11. We loose seeing an growth. And very importantly we loose seeing Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship grow. Going from the father/angsty teen son relationship, to the brothers-in-arms, they have in Episode III.

Contrast that with the Multimedia Project. And Dark Horse's Jabiim arc. Where Anakin is thrown into the grinder. The 4 comic arc covers two months of bloody warfare. Where Anakin believes Obi-Wan is killed. And joins a group masterless Padawans. When the Republic finally loses and has to withdraw from the planet, Anakin is order to leave. And the rest of Padawans stay behind to help cover the retreat. None of them survive.

Then Anakin is assigned to a new master. And is forced to cooperate with A'Sharad Hett, Tusken that became a Jedi. Those events change Anakin, and really push him. They set him on the path to becoming the character we see in Episode III. TCW just skips it all. Worse, it erases it all.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Certainly it could. Though I suspect that Anakin would just get off on war, being able to release all that pent up anger and fear.

And at least it would be nice to see that, or at least hear about it. Anakin in Episode II and Anakin in Episode III, are two different characters. It would have been nice to see that transition between those different versions. Instead TCW just takes Anakin as is in the beginning of Episode III and cranks it's up to a 11. We loose seeing an growth. And very importantly we loose seeing Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship grow. Going from the father/angsty teen son relationship, to the brothers-in-arms, they have in Episode III.

Contrast that with the Multimedia Project. And Dark Horse's Jabiim arc. Where Anakin is thrown into the grinder. The 4 comic arc covers two months of bloody warfare. Where Anakin believes Obi-Wan is killed. And joins a group masterless Padawans. When the Republic finally loses and has to withdraw from the planet, Anakin is order to leave. And the rest of Padawans stay behind to help cover the retreat. None of them survive.

Then Anakin is assigned to a new master. And is forced to cooperate with A'Sharad Hett, Tusken that became a Jedi. Those events change Anakin, and really push him. They set him on the path to becoming the character we see in Episode III. TCW just skips it all. Worse, it erases it all.
I need to re-read the Dark Horse clone wars era comics. It's been a long time and there are some really good stories in there.

My condolences on the passing of your friend, and the rooking over the both of you got. I'm sorry to see their duplicity ruin your plans and harm your love of performing; I can relate. That the episode of Ahsoka meant that much to you I understand as well. I'm so sorry for your loss.

True, though that argument is about 15 years old now, so for me, I just accept that it is what it is and they are going along with that version, which many think is better than what we got in the PT anyway.

after being totally cut off from the internet since Tuesday I was finally able to watch it last night and thankfully power held up while hurricane lee passed through

One thing I’d like to say from my experience the “cheapest way possible” is a thing of the past for the Disney prop department

Disney prop department budget is huge, I have very good friends in the industry and what they are given for a budget is incredible..

And I’m not just talking weapons and armor.. the creature department is wicked insane…

Look at Kenobi for instance, the department spent thousands on gathering fan made examples, thousands on master replicas.. thousands to rip them apart and modify them

I’ve also been told by a close friend how during the departments search for sabers he brought a few of his replicas in to let them borrow for examples.. never got them back and when asked for them back, was given a check that you wouldn’t believe…

So our mindset of “needs to be the cheapest way possible” is a thing of the past today…

Took me awhile to believe it myself but now it completely makes sense talking with my friends who do this for a living

Judging by ahsokas mash-up saber, I wouldn’t be surprised if anakins is scratch built as well

as for the episode I thought it was good. Still wicked confused on the whole world between world thing

How did Ahsoka enter it? What the hell is going on in there? She’s dreaming? The force toying with her? That’s definitely not the real Anakin or at least that’s how I interpreted it.. I hope to ****** that’s not him

Since ahsoka has the “sister” in her, does this mean she can’t die? She can just jump into TWBW every time now?

Idk…. Never been a fan of TWBW stuff

I use to get all upset about this “new stuff” but that’s exactly what it is, “new Star Wars” I personally think this is the best show we have gotten yet, and excepted it “it is what it is”

Huge huge fan of the new chopper.. I love that damn prop..

How does everyone feel about traveling in the whales mouth? A little pinocchio? l thought they were going to pull a millennium falcon and attach the ships to the whales backs or something…

Surprised hera didn’t go and ahsoka is going in alone on this..

Curious what happens next episode.. I’m still banking we don’t see thrawn until ep8.. and possibly not seeing ezra at all..

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back