Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (tv series)

We used to get excited for a lightsaber battle. But now, knowing that they don’t actually do any damage more than a temporary stomach ache, I can’t even care anymore when I see them light up.
Read my mind bud, my D+ account I canceled.. have no passion for andor, and I imagine the Ahoska series will be the same bull crap..

Halliwax is all set from here on out

Even if you are a Marvel fan, D+ isnt worth it imo.

After seeing some of She-Hulk and Partner Track (a show on Netflix), I watched some youtube clips of The Practice and Boston Legal. ******** the writing is night and day. Yes, the Practice and Boston Legal is very goofy and overly dramatic from a legal perspective with the characters pulling stunts that would never fly in the profession but the cases for the early seasons both fun and thought-provoking. Discussing views on the death penalty, the role of the defense attorney defending actual criminals, etc. It also does a good job of actually showing both sides as human and not "generic bad guys" we should just hate. Its an actual show with adults.

She Hulk and Partner Track, the main characters are unprofessional and insufferable. It makes me wonder if the writers have ever actually met working women in a professional scene because they do not act like sorority girls I can tell you that much.

I do think Disney needs to fail for a while and get a reality kick in the pants. Maybe then they can hire some decent writers to made a decent show.

What if, we've all been in on a long troll and the next Disney+ SW TV series is about a bacta tank retail shop set in a mall on corusant? Imagine that 70's show, but the kids all work in the mall. Not like that 80's show though. There could even be a Christmas episode where the kids all go to prom at Disneyland. If we have to keep the theme taking down classic characters let's aim low and make Dr Evazan the janitor who keeps trying to sneak into the bacta tanks to regenerate his arm. Dust off the laugh track, we're bringing it back.

Not sure if I should have spoiler tagged that. Someone at Disney may steal that idea.

Even if you are a Marvel fan, D+ isnt worth it imo.

After seeing some of She-Hulk and Partner Track (a show on Netflix), I watched some youtube clips of The Practice and Boston Legal. ******** the writing is night and day. Yes, the Practice and Boston Legal is very goofy and overly dramatic from a legal perspective with the characters pulling stunts that would never fly in the profession but the cases for the early seasons both fun and thought-provoking. Discussing views on the death penalty, the role of the defense attorney defending actual criminals, etc. It also does a good job of actually showing both sides as human and not "generic bad guys" we should just hate. Its an actual show with adults.

She Hulk and Partner Track, the main characters are unprofessional and insufferable. It makes me wonder if the writers have ever actually met working women in a professional scene because they do not act like sorority girls I can tell you that much.

I do think Disney needs to fail for a while and get a reality kick in the pants. Maybe then they can hire some decent writers to made a decent show.

Incidentally The Practice and Boston Legal are both available to purchase on amazon and on eBay. Much of the other content on D+ is available elsewhere. IMO there's nothing exclusively available on D+ that is worth subscribing for. Besides the fact that giving the Mouse money is completely counterintuitive.

OWK and BOBF prompted a lot of people I know to enthusiastically cancel their subscriptions. Will be interesting to see what happens with Andor.

Andor isn't a must see show, people can handle waiting for it to all come out and sub for a month and cancel. Every Star Wars show is just x amount of 2 month subs if it's a must see like Mando.

We used to get excited for a lightsaber battle. But now, knowing that they don’t actually do any damage more than a temporary stomach ache, I can’t even care anymore when I see them light up.
Corridor Crew need to make a realised duel with limbs literally exploding sizzling on contact..
Prolly the closest we ever got was Ray Parks as Darth Maul when he does like a belly crunch after being sliced ( off camera) but he reacts with an awesome grimace and we see a mist of blood droplets..
That duel certainly had my blood pumping when I saw it at the cinema..

I'd really like to see Maul again but don't see how or why they could justify it without lessening him as a foe unless like Andor it was a prequel of sorts.

And the at this point the extremely annoying cliche that "no one is ever really gone" doesn't help with raising the stakes or making any kind of battle (lightsaber or otherwise) have consequence.
Thats a really good point but hey its a fictional show made by a fictional mouse made by a company steeped in Animal abuse and cruelty.. so do they really care ?

Andor isn't a must see show, people can handle waiting for it to all come out and sub for a month and cancel. Every Star Wars show is just x amount of 2 month subs if it's a must see like Mando.
I'm not giving them a cent unless they fix a massive amount of things wrong with they way they operate and the quality of content they put out is drastically improved. Fans can use whatever justification they want for subscribing, but I'm out and so are a lot of others.

If season 2 of Obi-Wan occurs I likely won't be able to see it. I'm fine with that. Season 1 demonstrated what they're willing to do with legacy characters.

Death has lost all meaning in these stories anymore and when you set the stakes so low that even death has no agency? Your writing loses a lot of credibility.
It reminds me of the scene in Top Secret when the East German General interrogating Nick Rivers (Val Kilmer) gets a report on the guy he assaulted at the opera:

East German General: "Let me know if there is any change in his condition"

*Takes a second to reply to another officer*

East German General: "He's dead."

I heard a rumor that if they do a season 2, they're going to explain why Ewan doesn't look like Sir Alec Guiness in ANH by saying he found some life force draining Force power. Ooookaaay.... First of all, if you found that power, why would you use it?!? I think we can all make the mental leap and just accept that he had a hard life in the desert. Use some hair dye to gray out his hair!

I heard a rumor that if they make a season 2 Ewan is going to get jacked for flash back scenes of him and Anakin shirtless with eye liner broing out and smashing lightsabers together, and exploding rocks with their force powers and being best bro's ever. Then they flash forward and Ewans still shirtless doing force pushups in hot tattoine sand crying and screaming we were bro's, bro....I love saaand.

I heard a rumor that if they make a season 2 Ewan is going to get jacked for flash back scenes of him and Anakin shirtless with eye liner broing out and smashing lightsabers together, and exploding rocks with their force powers and being best bro's ever. Then they flash forward and Ewans still shirtless doing force pushups in hot tattoine sand crying and screaming we were bro's, bro....I love saaand.
Dude…SPOILER tag!

Screenshot_20220904-100243_Background Eraser - Remove BG.jpg

Come on Disney!
You know you want too...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back