Star Wars: Outlaws

Here's another video with a few more details about the game.

I would definitely want a fully open world but to go around with just a blaster? No other weapons to choose from? Unless you are customizing blasters and rifles et. I'm still stuck on lightsabers, skins, custimization/blacksmithing ...Lightside/Darkside...choices changing outomes, more of an RPG Open World

Last edited:
I would definitely want a fully open world but to go around with just a blaster? No other weapons to choose from? Unless you are customizing blasters and rifles et. I'm still stuck on lightsabers, skins, custimization/blacksmithing ...Lightside/Darkside...choices changing outomes, more of an RPG Open World
From the sounds of it, the blaster is customizable or has multiple modes. You can also grab weapons off of fallen opponents to use, but, it seems,(according to the last video I posted) that you might not be able to keep them, just use them and drop them once they've run out of juice.

From the sounds of it, the blaster is customizable or has multiple modes. You can also grab weapons off of fallen opponents to use, but, it seems,(according to the last video I posted) that you might not be able to keep them, just use them and drop them once they've run out of juice.
That sounds actually more realistic then...I still need a lightsaber...lol * You don't need to be a Jedi to happen to stumble onto one and use it, along with some cool armor

That sounds actually more realistic then...I still need a lightsaber...lol * You don't need to be a Jedi to happen to stumble onto one and use it, along with some cool armor
While that might be an interesting idea, I think that a lot of fans would scream and complain about a non-Jedi using a lightsaber. They'd be complaining about some obscure bit of canon from some novel or comic that says that only Jedi and Sith are able to wield lightsabers in combat.. Besides, this game is set in the OT between Empire and Jedi so lightsabers would be as rare as hen's teeth.

While that might be an interesting idea, I think that a lot of fans would scream and complain about a non-Jedi using a lightsaber. They'd be complaining about some obscure bit of canon from some novel or comic that says that only Jedi and Sith are able to wield lightsabers in combat.. Besides, this game is set in the OT between Empire and Jedi so lightsabers would be as rare as hen's teeth.
Somehow, I knew you would come back with that which is why I left off my last sentence which said, " If Han Solo can pick up a lightsaber and ignite it, and Finn can too then I guess it's canon that you don't have to be a Jedi to wield one...lol...and ANH Luke Skywalker as well because he technically wasn't a Jedi yet...except with all those midichlorians in him ;) lol

Last edited:
I would bet good money on them having a small team working on a Jedi system they can plug into this game system for another spin off game depending on how well this game does. I think in terms of development time a shooter may be a little faster than developing melee/magic system for the player and AI.

Somehow, I knew you would come back with that which is why I left off my last sentence which said, " If Han Solo can pick up a lightsaber and ignite it, and Finn can too then I guess it's canon that you don't have to be a Jedi to wield one...lol...and ANH Luke Skywalker as well because he technically wasn't a Jedi yet...except with all those midichlorians in him ;) lol
That's why I added the caveat of wielding it in combat and I should probably also add the additional caveat of wielding it effectively in combat. I can imagine that it takes a lot of training and practice to learn how to use a lightsaber without cutting off your own limbs.

I would bet good money on them having a small team working on a Jedi system they can plug into this game system for another spin off game depending on how well this game does. I think in terms of development time a shooter may be a little faster than developing melee/magic system for the player and AI.
Depending on what engine this game is based on, it wouldn't be too hard to do. If it's using a modified AC engine, then adding lightsaber combat wouldn't be all that difficult. All they'd have to do is modify the collision boxes to allow for it to cut through things and deflect blaster shots. Implementing Force powers might take a little more work since I don't recall much magic in the AC games, but even that shouldn't be too hard to do.

But if they do eventually decide to make a sequel or spinoff to this game, I hope that it doesn't follow the Dark Forces and turn Kay into a Jedi. The mundane becoming a Jedi is starting to become something of a trope in Star Wars. It would be much better if they took a fresh approach to this and make your character already a Jedi either well before Order 66, or sometime after RotJ.

That's why I added the caveat of wielding it in combat and I should probably also add the additional caveat of wielding it effectively in combat. I can imagine that it takes a lot of training and practice to learn how to use a lightsaber without cutting off your own limbs.

Depending on what engine this game is based on, it wouldn't be too hard to do. If it's using a modified AC engine, then adding lightsaber combat wouldn't be all that difficult. All they'd have to do is modify the collision boxes to allow for it to cut through things and deflect blaster shots. Implementing Force powers might take a little more work since I don't recall much magic in the AC games, but even that shouldn't be too hard to do.

But if they do eventually decide to make a sequel or spinoff to this game, I hope that it doesn't follow the Dark Forces and turn Kay into a Jedi. The mundane becoming a Jedi is starting to become something of a trope in Star Wars. It would be much better if they took a fresh approach to this and make your character already a Jedi either well before Order 66, or sometime after RotJ.
Exactly...like Kotor3 or something...lol, finally...someone agrees and as far as the protagonist goes, is it too hard to ask for an Aayala Secura or Garsa Fwip type? Sheesh.. ;) jk

Last edited:
From 1994 until LucasArts stopped making/publishing SW games I bought every game they put out. I just realized today after watching the Starfield reveal video, that I'm actually excited for that one more than any SW games. I haven't been excited for a SW game since The Force Unleashed 2 came out. Hopefully this one will be good, but I think we've been burned too many times recently. I did play the last Battlefront singleplayer campaign and it had a pretty decent story though. It's a sad state for SW games right now.

From 1994 until LucasArts stopped making/publishing SW games I bought every game they put out. I just realized today after watching the Starfield reveal video, that I'm actually excited for that one more than any SW games. I haven't been excited for a SW game since The Force Unleashed 2 came out. Hopefully this one will be good, but I think we've been burned too many times recently. I did play the last Battlefront singleplayer campaign and it had a pretty decent story though. It's a sad state for SW games right now.
I Totally agree. As far as video games are concerned, Star Wars needs Bethesda more than Bethesda needs Star Wars. The only way i'd like to see any hint of Lucasfilm games and Bethesda in tandem would be for an Elder Scrolls type in the form of KOTOR 3. That's it. I thought i heard some years ago about Bethesda and Indiana Jones but man, if Bethesda is smart they'd stay clear of a train wreck and guilty by association.

You wanted in game footage? Well, here it is.

THAT was infinitely better than the CGI trailer. I liked what I saw of the gameplay a lot - the only nitpick, and it's very much just a nitpick - is that it was done by someone who knew exactly what to do and how to do it. There was no 'figuring anything out' which probably detracts from the trailer aspect. The only other thing is it was definitely done on a console, which likely means the PC will be a relative afterthought yet again :(

I'm going to writeup my thoughts on Jedi Survivor whenever i can complete it (still bugged to the point you can't do that). If they hadn't botched the release, Survivor is really good, even with the the design aspects I don't like. So, there's that.

I have to say the gameplay aspect of this looks promising though. Still probably 9-12 months out, so a lot can still change. On the plus side for me, it's not EA, so it's got that going for it :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back