Star Wars Outlaws (video game)

JediG60racer

Sr Member

So this was just announced.

Have to admit, when they said, "I'll need the right ship" in the trailer, I was hopeful it would be the Starspeeder 3000 and tie in to Star Tours somehow.

I wish that we would have had a game where we can truly make our own character. I'm talking species, voice, size, clothes, the whole shabang. It'd be cool to see if we can choose our own ship since it is an open world as they are advertising.

THAT ^

With the available technology, I don't see why we keep getting pre-made characters forced on us. I want to be a force sensitive Gonk that muddles his way through adventures. Or a Jawa foundling raised by Mandaloreans. The post apocalyptic wasteland orphan thing has been done to death. It's Star Wars. Let us be aliens and droids.

So they can do cinematic story telling. If they allow you to create your own character it would limit that. It's also better for merch, gives them a new character to create product off of.
We're past that in terms of tech limitations though. Way past that, in terms of cinematic cut scene building.
I do see your point in the merchandising, but even having a limited variety of characters to select from rather than just one gives a lot of options for merch. And gives a possibility for "choose your adventure" multiple arcs that could arrive at the same ending. I'd replay Halo Reach a lot more if I could play as the other members of Noble Six with my choices, even if the choices arrived at the same outcomes. ODST did that well in terms of laying out multiple story lines that converged.

I think that boils down to longer development time and Disney may not give them that much time. If a large game developer made a tech demo and pitched it to Disney, then I think we would have a better chance of getting a true open world RPG type of game. Compared them hiring a developer and saying make us xyz game as fast as possible.

Star Wars games is really where the money is for the franchise and how you keep it relevant with the youth. Disney is weak in game side of their business. There are so many they could make and should be making across all genre's of games that would not compete with each other.

We're past that in terms of tech limitations though. Way past that, in terms of cinematic cut scene building.
I do see your point in the merchandising, but even having a limited variety of characters to select from rather than just one gives a lot of options for merch. And gives a possibility for "choose your adventure" multiple arcs that could arrive at the same ending. I'd replay Halo Reach a lot more if I could play as the other members of Noble Six with my choices, even if the choices arrived at the same outcomes. ODST did that well in terms of laying out multiple story lines that converged.
They could always sell character part packs. They could probably pump out 3 times as many products with that idea.

From watching the trailer, some of the animations seem really...uh...not good. I sincerely hope that's not the release build.

Given its made by Ubisoft and the ridiculous pricing ($120 for the deluxe edition) and other issues like needing to ALWAYS be online and microtransactions, this should be an easy pass.

The trailer does seem to offer a promising story but it can easily just be the beginning with the later part being MC joins the rebels to fight the empire with a final faceoff against the empire or some big bad. Even if not, its possible the story portion is actually quite short and the end game is mostly doing missions to grind for resources (likely to fund Rebel activities) which can be sped up with MTX.

Regardless, its Ubisoft. Always best to wait a year after release for the game to really be fixed.

Maybe when it’s on sale. Some of the animation does look off. I can’t remember the last Ubisoft game I bought. It’s been years. As a rule,I don’t buy games that are purposely made not fun to sale micro transactions. Why would I pay for game purposely made not fun.

I think they assume star wars fans are still the lemmings that will buy anything and everything star wars day 1 not matter the cost.
I dont think Ubisoft can make a good game. To be honest, wasnt that impressed with Jedi Fallen Order either. I would love to see a Star Wars game made by Nintendo or FromSoft or Platinum Games or Ninja Theory to see what they would do with the IP.

Its like suits sit around a conference tablw and ask "how can we sabotage our sales 4 months before release?"
Honestly, Im surprised how far Ubisoft has fallen and how long they really think they can keep this up.
They dont make good games, period. Assassins Creed was last good with 4 and has been on a steady decline since then. Although changing up the system did bring some life back in, it was Assassins Creed in name only losing alot of the assassination and becoming open world bloat the game with its latest entry.

Prince of Persia is dead and their reboot didnt do much to bring it back.

Their Tom Clancys have not been doing well thanks to Fortnite for third person multiplayer and people seeming to prefer first person for FPS
Rayman and Rabids are honestly done better by Nintendo
Far Cry was good at 3 and went downhill from there.

In 2020, 25% of employees reported in an internal survey that they experienced workplace harassment (and this is internal so could be worse tbh). Ubisoft execs got detained in 2023 as part of a moral and sexual harassment lawsuit. So they make bad games and are badly run company that abuses their employees.

So they can do cinematic story telling. If they allow you to create your own character it would limit that. It's also better for merch, gives them a new character to create product off of.
Hogwarts Legacy did just that. You could create your character and adjust the voice. It shows during the cut scenes.

This is a big pass for several reasons.

1) They "uglified" another beautiful woman..
2) They do not want you to own physical copies and must be on line to play..
3) They have pay walls for access to missions. The Jaba mission is only available to those who bought the $109 & $130 copies...
4) It's Disney Star Wars under the awful KK..

never mind. What’s the point
The point is there's a not so secret attempt to not make beautiful women in games. Look at the model they hired to scan and mocap.. then look at the final outcome. You can't honestly say that they didn't make her more "manish".

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back