Interest Stargate section now with lights!

andy19422

Sr Member
Is there any interest in a run of this Stargate section? The top and bottom sections are cast from original sections and the glyph panel is made to the correct size unlike the other Glyph panel that I was selling which was slightly too small. The panel is 19.5"x 27.5" and because of the size it will probably made from fiberglass. I have added end plates to the top and bottom which have curved lines cut into them to match the glyph panel. I will have it finished and painted in a few days. I was going to mount it in a shadow box with hidden amber LED strip around the edge. The cost of the panel will be around £130

Last edited:
Re: Stargate section

Put me on the interest list :D

Are you also planning this as the SG-1 version, with 3 Glyphs and the Chevron?

8745342_1_l.jpg

As soon as I get one made I'll get you guys some shipping costs. I will hopefully be offering the three glyph sections in three or four months, I need to finish the molds for the full size gate first:D I will probably offer both the SG1 and Atlantis versions.

Yup, mark me down for an SG1 gate section with a chevron if possible. :D

I glued together the three parts and painted the section up. Looks pretty impressive on the wall:D I have just ordered some Amber LED strip to try lighting it up. I plan to make a 1/2" thick rectangular ring that is 2" smaller all the way around than the overall dimensions, and mount it on the back. I will then run the Amber LED strip all around the edge so that when the section is on the wall there will be a nice Amber glow all around it. I got some quick shipping costs and added in the price of getting some boxes custom made. Australia £67, US £45, Sweden £28, UK £15. These prices are rough quotes only.

Re: Stargate section now with painted pics

Truly awesome! Even if someone isn't an SG fan and has no idea what it is, they would probably look at it as a piece of art. Lit up it would look spectacular.

Definitely want one! :)
Honestly I would much rather have a full size stargate, the whole thing.... BUT don't have the room and never will :p

oh and B-E-A-UTIFUL work!

The section now has lights and really adds another dimension to it:D The back frame is made of 1/2 MDF and helps keep the sections together as well as a place to run the LED strip. I am thinking now of still making it in three parts with the Glyph panel made from MDF. I think this will be easier to mold and looks like a piece from the original gate.

dammit, too much cool stuff and too little dough. this is pimp. glad I forgot about the glyph panel you had before and held out for this. it will look sweet next to my other andy lamps.

on a side note, did you get the weight issue thing sorted for the dogbone lamps? I'd like both sizes and probably 2 of the smaller one. My kid saw the smaller one and wanted one for her room.

amazing work as usual!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back