Starship project

^

mccoytmp.jpg

" And they probably redesigned the whole sick bay, too. I know engineers...they just LOVE to change things. "

Kewl. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(REL @ Aug 17 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]1302797[/snapback]</div>
I made an improvement to the ship, a seperate horse shoe area.
This will be included in all the new orders, those that already have their kit I'll be shipping the new part to you
this coming week.

This part makes it easier to connect the saucer to the secondary hull, plus gives you a saucer/sec hull seperation line.
[/b]

The 1/650 Starship has now reached the end of it's run, thank you for those who ordered one and took a risk buying a kit from someone that's never produced one before. I ship a kit out every Monday so yours will be arriving as you ordered it. Decals will arrive shortly for those that have one and didn't get them.

For makeshift instructions you can check out this thread on the build up I'm doing.

http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=115596

In the words of Scotty, "brought a tear to me eye."

Absolutely stunning...starting to regret even more not getting one of these. :(

Sean

Agreed... John Eblan did an AMAZING build of your of your creation Richard.

You should be proud man... an ILMer just built one of your kits... Sweeeeeeeet.

GREAT JOB JOHN...

BTW... the decals turned out amazing. Great job to Thomas as well.

Wow, that is gorgeous, just beautiful, can we get a pic of you holding that beast completed for scale. Amazing work indeed.

lee

<div class='quotetop'>(ralphee @ Oct 8 2006, 02:36 AM) [snapback]1334103[/snapback]</div>
Wow, that is gorgeous, just beautiful, can we get a pic of you holding that beast completed for scale. Amazing work indeed.

lee
[/b]
Hey Lee. How's things?

The above shown starship is one of Richard's (REL's) kits that was built up by former ILMer John Eblan of The FX Company for one of his own clients. Richard doesn't have this one in his possession, but it is the same one that I was pictured with a few months ago that was primered white. You know,... the earlier pic of my ugly mug drooling over it in this thread?. LOL. That gives pretty good scale comparisons. John sent the finished pics to show how great it can look when completed....and it really does. He does top notch movie replica builds that can actually be filmed upon delivery. He can be located at www.thefxcompany.com In addition,.. in January I have John Eblan slated to build the SSD "Executor" in approximately half studio scale. I HIGHLY recommend John for buildups for folks, like myself, that don't have the time nor talent to do so.

As for Richard holding one in his hands,... the thread he started for my commission that he is currently doing for me will show progress of that same starship kit and will be completed by the end of this month,... so watch that thread closely for scale comparisons and updates.

Truth be told...I have Richard booked (scheduled) for Kuhn Global scratch commissions for about the next 5 years. There is much on his plate that will eventualy be released from my Kuhn Global commission sheet. He is indeed a master of this craft and artwork and I feel fortunate to know and have his pieces in my collection. You should look at his stone carvings... If reincarnation is possible,.. then he was probably Michel Angelo. LOL. ;)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back