Step aside all Iron Man armor makers! Watch this!

OMG.....So wrong on so many levels....What is up with the tan bodysuit? Universal went with this suit instead of going with a TMP?! Sad indeed....

Yea that's sad - Why would they promote a movie with such a horrible suit? :confused

I was clicking through the pics and I was so disgusted that I almost closed the window... good thing I didn't because clearly the focus shifted from iron man to something else. :love

It certainly doesn't help things that the suit doesn't even fit the guy wearing it either that or the guy in the suit has some of the oddest proportions of any human being alive.

I know exactly why they didn't go with TMP - Or at least on this avenue I can speculate -

1. That is the most current version of the suit - I haven't seen a mk-6 from TMP..
2. No contract was offered by TMP telling that he'd cover all his own expenses, P'mount is kinda cheap that way.
3. Licensing a "fan made" prop and using "screen-used" props... To the normal eye, not a whole lotta different but it looks like a sh*tty costume on a short person....

At best, the helmet and maybe the torso pieces coulda been used, but wow, I woulda totally rather see TMPs suit, even wit the mk-3 chest armor...

Way to go movie executives!!

****** bags...

I think the fans woulda had more fun with John being there also...

looks like the pieces that are there could possibly be from a stunt suit, it's just not all the pieces are there, it does not fit the dude, and the biceps...there on backwards.

To answer on our behalf, Paramount and UIP aproached us and together we came up with some cool ideas to make promo suits for world release. Paramount forwared their ideas to Marvle but it was shut down, before even any dialog were made to posibilites. I got a feeling it never got to the creative promotional department.

Our offer still stands as we would love to be contractors to make promo tour suits for Disney-Marvel for European marked....

We made two prototype statues and 2 suits of the Gen3 to show Paramount and Marvel, But sadly never got trough.

In regards of covering cost of production. We cant make things for free, however i belive it would had been a mutual intrest since we experimented and perfected a suit that looks great, and have great atributes in wearing. over 2 years perfecting the suit and knowlege in tweaking on how to make it function the best possible way by learing from trail and error. We now know the limits and posibilites. But the ball is in Disney & Marvel hands.

The suit shown in this photo, could be a stunt suit.. It looks like it is made of urathene rubber.

What i am sad about is the same mistake that happends over and over again in regards of promotions... It ends up with a promotion company that dont know the carracter and looks like they dont really care to put much effort in honoring the carracter dressing him right, getting a person with correct size & hight to wear it. How many times have we not seen suits with the parts on the wrong way, belts upside down. I dont want to sound rude, but beeing an Ironman Fan and doing allot of promotional gigs it frustrates me to se things that is only put 50% effort into. I am a fan, and i can se a big difference, even my kid of age 8 saw something was wrong.

I think the suits quality looks good. Its nothing wrong about it. I personally would like to se more layers and crisper details then it would be AWSOME. The thing that really pull this down is that they got it wrong who worn it and how they dressed him wrong. People judge by photos, and clearly comes to notice that we all notice the wrong things and that is what we end up focusing of. That is not good comercial effect because it backfires.

I hope to se more interaction with fans arround the world, use them, they know the carracter far better than a comercial company. Fans know the carracter, armor, design and how it will attract crowds with WOW FACTOR.

Hope for next event they will NOT do the same bad mistakes. I really hope they JUSTIFY and HONOR IRONMAN for what he is. I get the feeling thats a guy dressed up in to big clothing and not took the effort looking good.
If they get it right i am sure we all will say, WOW... That looks Great.

BTW.. THE PREMIERE IN NORWAY IS TOMORROW ON THE 28TH APRIL ;)
Guess who is going to se it... :D But sadly not it armor :(

I think the suits quality looks good. Its nothing wrong about it. I personally would like to se more layers and crisper details then it would be AWSOME. The thing that really pull this down is that they got it wrong who worn it and how they dressed him wrong. People judge by photos, and clearly comes to notice that we all notice the wrong things and that is what we end up focusing of. That is not good comercial effect because it backfires.

You know, that's what I thought too; the armor itself didn't seem too bad to me it just didn't fit the person wearing it very well. But I didn't mention anything but the proportions of the wearer since I'm no expert on Iron Man armor. It really makes you wonder how hard would it have been for them to have found somebody that's the right height and build to wear the armor and then how hard would it have been to refer to a few pictures to figure out how to put the armor on properly.

Here in the Philippines, they said that there will arrive an "official" Ironman suit for promotional activities. I heard that it costs 250,000 pesos! :eek + the Talent fee was like 80$ per hour??? :eek I am not sure about the numbers though but that is what I heard people (mostly those cosplayers that have been doing character appearances already before). They said when the first movie came out, they also did the same and the suit was *forgive me* freaking UGLY. I mean my partner's Ironman looks better and if they paid us 250,000 pesos we could have made an ARMY of Ironmans with it. HAHAHA! :lol

So I am curious about the imported Ironman suit. I hope I don't get disappointed. :angel

@TMP - correct. I think it would be better for the promoters to just scout the country for costume makers/cosplayers and hire them for their promotional activities. That way they can save more and at be sure that the suit would be better because these cosmakers put efforts in making the costumes.

Also, there is a big difference between people who was just asked to wear a suit and people who actually wear a suit because it's a hobby. Cosplayers/costume makers study these characters and somehow project them better than those who were just picked because of their pretty physical features.

Last edited:
Naw, like the above posts said the suit looks decent, but MY GOD!
That guy WAS wearing the biceps backwards, they are identical and can be worn on either side. XD
This was a good laugh, I don't think they care who they get to play him as long as they have someone to stand and look.... kinda pretty.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back