Studio Scale A wing, finished at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright Guy, fess up bud..... you stole that model from the Lucasfilm archives!! Dude, that is by far the most accurate looking A-wing I've ever seen, your detailing and paint job is perfection!! I'm seriously thinking on having you do a commission for me now.

Hi Mate, sorry I've not called, I'll get on skype tonight UK time if your about.
:lol Do bare in Mind that I think there is only 3 of these completed outside the LFL Archives :lol

Sh** Jim, I just realised this A wing is a perfect scale for the Luke on Taun figure, its uncanny. I've got both next to each other now, they really are close

Guy .. I love your paint work .. I'm still looking at my V3 scared **** that I'll mess up with the weathering .. perhaps I should send it to you now!!!

I'm looking into the Tie Bomber also .. I'll probably hit you with a PM later! :love

Well mate, you've knocked another SS model off your list & boy what an incredible piece it is too!.
I just can't get my head around how you accomplish the perfect paint jobs Guy, the A-Wing is just incredible mate. This is natural talent at it's best!.
Best one outside the archives ever Guy, you should be chuffed!.
Stu

Cheers Stu, I know it wont be long before a few more of these turn up but for me its great knowing that aside from the one that Kurt has its the only near accurate studio scale A Wing out there.

Not forgetting the one that Lasse has also :)

Guy .. I love your paint work .. I'm still looking at my V3 scared **** that I'll mess up with the weathering .. perhaps I should send it to you now!!!

I'm looking into the Tie Bomber also .. I'll probably hit you with a PM later! :love

Get it painted, your more than capable mate. Be good to have a few more Bomber builds around here also, we can help each other :cool

Thanks to a Very kind member here at the RPF it looks Like I can now nail the back end of the A wing. If I can nail the ID's that is :lol

All good things come to those that wait :thumbsup

Massive thanks to member Gonk27 for sharing his pics with me, this is the first time I've seen the rear of this A-wing. Well worth the wait.

I now know it has both parts of the Vosper life raft, the Morser Grill is correct. More Morser parts between the thrusters and exhausts. Still a few new bits to ID though.

If anyone has any thoughts at whats under the round grill then fire away

rearbulk.png

awing1.jpg

awing2.jpg

Could that piece below the round piece be a dual cannon/gun? Maybe even from the vesper kit? I don't have the kit handy right now to check. Just a thought.

I dont know for the big part between the Vosper parts, but the small round part with the raised bar on the right of the Karl grill is from the PoW.
Awesome pic, thanks Gonk !

Damn Julien, great eye, i was thinking Ford DFV, but the bar is offset, which had me second guessing......GOOD find.

lee

Just grabbed one of my POW's, hmm, im not so sure now. The part seems larger than that in the POW, and, there seems to be a bit more to the detail on that bar/rod pattern?

lee

I'm not at home so I cant check the size, but the shape and details seem to be spot on to my eye. A pic of the Karl and pow parts for comparison would be helpful !

Julien you still could be spot on, havent got the time to pull the parts right now though.
Just thought i saw more to the bar detail was all, rather than a plain strip, but it could be glue crud or paint?

lee

Cant check either, Ive been proven to be wrong in the past though ! :lol
The paintjob could alter the perception of the part, but once again without the parts in my hands, I cant be sure ! It just popped at me when I saw the pic !

Guy,
i may have the duel gun
kit sprue
(top left-ish)
these guns are pretty common on most of the 1-48 monogram big birds.

not sure if thats dead nuts...and the guns may vary a little from plane to plane. just thought it seemed similar.

Guy,
i may have the duel gun
kit sprue
(top left-ish)
these guns are pretty common on most of the 1-48 monogram big birds.

not sure if thats dead nuts...and the guns may vary a little from plane to plane. just thought it seemed similar.

Cheers Q, looks like you may be on the nail there, on the sprue link you sent theres one thats even closer at the bottom right, which kit is the sprue from?

HA!...didn't even see the bottom right.
TBH, i was (still) looking for AT-ST donors, and going thru SSM Kit Scans - Monogram - Planes and kept seeing the same dual guns - so i was giving you a half-baked set of directions.

of the 3 birds, i would guess its B-17G (top left).

my earlier scan was from the B-24J. hell, they may be the same gun (if you're looking for cheaper alternatives)

btw, the b29 is used on the AT-ST so you may sort through it if you're still missing other bits. just saying -- maybe it was still around and the boys had a thing for these planes?

Looks completely awsome man!! Can't tell the difference between yours and the studios. I can definitely learn a lot from you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back