Studio Scale A wing, finished at last!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks completely awsome man!! Can't tell the difference between yours and the studios. I can definitely learn a lot from you!

Thanks mate, but your seriously understating your own ability, to be new to a board doesn't mean your new to any of this. I'm pretty sure you far more advanced than I when it comes to scratch building. You may not have the experience of some of the long term Kit ID'ers around here but thats only an element of all this madness.

My A wing was achieved through many many hours of research of a team of people here on the rpf and was formed around some amazing work of another member. Your speeder is an exceptional build for a first attempt and show your absolute devotion to building, you just need to start on the Id'n as your next step on the road to madness. Now get those in progress pics up :lol

You guys want to see this in the flesh so to speak....the pics here are superb, but seeing it close up......AMAZING......Guy is truly gifted in replicating the warts and all style of ILM, cant say there are many on the planet who CAN do that.

lee

After seeing this I just had to have one in this scale. Hopefully it will tuned up next week :) ....................or the week after :(

Any better shots of the figures face

Gans

After seeing this I just had to have one in this scale. Hopefully it will tuned up next week :) ....................or the week after :(

Any better shots of the figures face

Gans

Hi Gans, where are you getting it from? are you sure your buying a studio scale A-wing, no-one produces a studio scale version unless its scratch built, I'd hate for you to be disappointed....... Unless you know something we dont? :eek

Ok ..............sorry the one I am getting must not be studio scale, my mistake

Thanks
Gans

I just looked through this thread again......when I gave Guy these parts
I thought "He would learn something from me"....... but 18 pages latter and I learned so much from him!Very few times are you ever "THE BEST" and if you think that way to long you end up not learning, suffocated by your own pride.
This turned out to be an amazing model....one of those models that reminds us of why we love to build in SS to begin with! It was well thought out and carried out, built with just the right recipe of passion and tenacity......and those are the reasons it finished like it did.......PEACE!:thumbsup

Regards,
Michael

Thanks again Michael, now get off your arse and get your finished :lol

Its been way too long mate, like I said an age ago, I only decorated mine differently, your the man that can with A wings mate.

A little too late for me but if anyone out there is building one of these, I just found some big key cockpit parts in the 1/32 Tomcat

A bit gutted but it was a nice challenge to scratch them.

See it pays for me to be very lazy Guy......any info pass it my way!:lol:thumbsup

I spotted em last night whilst going through the kit for the B-wing, 3 major control panel parts in the Tamiya 1/32 Tomcat Gruman. Its a great kit for Jedi bits

wow thats some amazing work, hats off to ya. How many hours did you put into that baby?

Obviously not enough :behave, Not as much as you'd think I worked on it on and off for 3 months then had a 6month break before I finished it.

For Old times sake

Attachments

• A wing 10.jpg
    A wing 10.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 371
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back