Studio scale Probe droid, ID and build!

Q, that's a photo I took from Seiji Takahashi, which he took in 1993 in Japan. You should have received it in the other AT-ST ref a long time ago. It's from the only time(?) it was displayed publicly... and Takahashi-san asked that they just not be published on line, but freely traded to builders who need the ref. Someone somewhere wasn't sharing everything? I can rectify that asap for any one building one... gimme a call.

i miss the old days of seeing the craziness of Julien's old place.
Crazy grandmother wallpaper. Room in the attic. Kits tossed around the room as if a tornado sat in the room for 30 minutes.

I miss it too !

Now I'm working in our office, on my computer desk (built the AT-AT and PD here), my shop is in the cave, but it's FULL of kitboxes, I cant even get access to my ISD :s And the bad thing is there's a lot of humidity, the cardboxes dont like that, I need to remove all the boxes and all the stuff to paint the walls (which are naked stones, too bad :() with a specific resin paint.

Anyway, having all the sprues of all the kits on the floor is the best way to find the part you need ! Cant find the part when they're in a box (see the M3A2 :p).

The pic it's from 1993, I think there was an exhibit in Japan (correct me if I'm wrong but the Slave One was also here ?). Not sure though !

Domes:
VHH-12
VHH-14
VHH-16
VHH-20
VHH-24

Tubing for under skirt:
TBAL-12
TBAL-16

tubes on the top of the body (gun mount) - around 33mm
Hole for top shell: 105mm

For the neck, I'm cutting acrylic discs that will work with both the resin and scratch build options. They will need TB-250 and TB-275, and this 3" lazy susan:

3" Lazy Susan Bearing Swivel - Made by Triangle Manfacturing | eBay

All holes will be pre-drilled, and the acrylic will have a trench etched for the tubing to socket/cement into. You'll be able to use Hyperdyne's kit with this, and I'll tailor it to the servo he recommended.

Obviously there is a lot of junk to clean up here and elsewhere, so it's going to take a bit of time. At this point, the trolling, baiting, and OT comments need to stop. Thanks.

Wow! Great pic! Now that's an exhibit I wish I could have seen more of!! :thumbsup

Remind me i need a new inkpot Guy :lol. Just looking at ref and found this one, not a great pic at all, but a cool dark hue on the droid in this shot.

lee

hoth1.jpg

Guy,
Scott Graham was in my run of armatures.
He has the ref. I'm guessing he meant it literally -- like see it with his own eyes..??

I've seen closeups of the at-st armature, yes Quincy. Not overall views like this. I'd love to see more of that rebel transport. I've got one that needs work (and a new apartment with space for it) and would love to see more of it too. Sorry to be so off topic...nice probe droid Lee!

PS: what's the furry thing on the right in the pic?

There is no need for stepping on egg shells in this thread, and there is def no desire to repeat the last few days.

I was simply referring to the fact that most likely Jason holds more of this ref, I don't actually know I've never seen this pic before, so in a sense Scott could PM Jason as a builder and possibly see more of this show(via his ref)

I have an aT-ST but have never seen this pick so I cant assume anything just making a light hearted joke to further ease tension that is most likely felt by others as opposed to Me Jason and Lee, who are all getting on with stuff.

I know thats a lot from such a short sentence but I assure you that was the actual intension. I guess it didn't come across too well. My bad.

I've seen closeups of the at-st armature, yes Quincy. Not overall views like this. I'd love to see more of that rebel transport. I've got one that needs work (and a new apartment with space for it) and would love to see more of it too. Sorry to be so off topic...nice probe droid Lee!

PS: what's the furry thing on the right in the pic?

Me to, and Wampa

Any one that got the AT-ST armature was supposed to get all the ref. I provided the reference during that first wave, other people took the torch and ran. So if pics fell through the cracks, I can happily provide them. Gathering them up for a few of you now.

Any one that got the AT-ST armature was supposed to get all the ref. I provided the reference during that first wave, other people took the torch and ran. So if pics fell through the cracks, I can happily provide them. Gathering them up for a few of you now.

I suspect most people who got all the ref simply don't realize they already have a cropped version of the pic in question that only shows the AT-ST. As far as I know, the builders of the first wave of replica AT-STs where most part IDs were made (Isel's, Lee's, and mine) didn't have the entire pic in question (with the PD and RT). In any event, that particular pic of the AT-ST isn't terribly useful, regardless. I didn't receive the entire uncropped pic until some time after I had completed my AT-ST (and begun work on an RT pattern). That pic isn't particularly useful for an RT, either. Don't get me wrong, it's a great pic and I love looking at the old stuff. But, hey, let's keep some perspective, too...

I think i got this pic around the same time as you Allan. It only struck me it was a Probot pic id not really looked much at, hence i posted it as it shows just how different this beast can look in different lighting, its NOT an easy one to paint right.
Do agree though, nothing can be given away by said pic, its old, rough, and doesnt show anything not seen before sadly.
Its kinda boiled over on ref now anyhoo, there is nothing out there i need to look at anymore, ive got my flightplan as it were and im not deviating.
I think of late, some of the best ref ive seen in a long time was actually taken by Guy, of the Probot.
Pics we had never seen before, ID's found that would NEVER have been possible, were three parts from a 100% confirmed Probot now, its not often those high percentages are reached and that, is down to Guy and his generosity in sharing such awesome, and useful ref.

lee

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back