Studio scale Probe droid, ID and build!

OK, here is the find, nailed it this AM in a moment of clarity, sometimes, you have to take a step back lol.
Sorry J, this info will only got to the core group, but it is a known donor on your list.
I need to talk to Guy, but, im pretty sure were one part away now? I forget, but were soooo close, our two years of babble in this thread really did pay off, sadly its not in a shopping list format, but its the best we could manage.
PDfork.jpg

bests.......lee

Yes, this is a very interesting thread, but I have to ask, for a thread that can be viewed publicly, what's the sense in saying that an ID was found, but the info's only going to those in a secret core group that would undoubtedly share it amongst themselves anyway?

The info will and ALWAYS is shared, those who know me, will know i, and my buddies have made some killer finds and have NEVER witheld them, sometimes, you just keep it low for a bit for kit pricing prosperity, its how the game is played im afraid.
Once our core group is sorted, then its fair game, until then, i dont see many PD's needing the info this minute anyway?

Anyhoo, SCRATCH that last part, we actually now have BOTH remaining parts found, which, i believe, takes us to a 100% ID on this model.
Guy just mailed me the last remaining part, seems we had a moment of inspiration.

Its been a good day!

bests........lee

Recently Guy posted some photoshopped pics of what was remaining in one of the threads, all parts from those are now found, youll have to hunt as im about to run out the door.

lee

Recently Guy posted some photoshopped pics of what was remaining in one of the threads, all parts from those are now found, youll have to hunt as im about to run out the door.

lee

admittedly i'm not building this for a while and don't have my nose glued in these threads -- but your statement would mean that the weird box/pointer laser? gun (right below the eye level) is also ID'd? if so - i don't remember noticing anybody claim that one. that find musta been a real coup.

admittedly i'm not building this for a while and don't have my nose glued in these threads -- but your statement would mean that the weird box/pointer laser? gun (right below the eye level) is also ID'd? if so - i don't remember noticing anybody claim that one. that find musta been a real coup.

Thats what we believe is a scratchbuilt part with known parts applied!
By all means Q, get your nose in and prove us wrong, be nice to have others steal a march here, its hard and long this road to a complete ID!

Lee

Just thought I'd throw in a donor tip regarding the leg part from the M18 Howitzer. So, it looks like Esci themselves packaged the M18 in three different variations that I know of so far...not including re-pops by different companies.

German Half-Track M18 Howitzer
7.5 CM Light Infantry Gun #5011
German Artillery Unit w/ W/M-18 Light Howitzer (under Ertl/Esci packaging) #8573

According to my research of all the informative threads, all you need is the M18 part for the leg. If so, the later two kits are better alternatives than the Half-Track/M18 combo. Please correct me if I am wrong about not needing any half-track parts. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Joe

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back