Studio Scale Slave I (first pics of body casting page 31)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Work is being done on the hundreds of plant-on parts, to make them moldable without compromising the look and feel of the design. Give the group another month, and there will be concrete positive movement on this sucka to post and get excited about. This will be one hell of a model!

I've done some work on the cockpit, and am in the process of making the cockpit form for vacmolding the clear canopy.

Also, the body castings are now in black epoxy fiberglass, I should have a pic of the newest casting in about a week. This should be finished really soon now, I can't wait.

I can't wait to see this, I would so love to have one but just to see it will be exciting.

Hmm Jason/Allan, do you think it wise for me to re master the wings, i have all the kits (just need the Entex bits), and TBH i would totally nail them, could be worth doing in light of recent news?
What is odd, is the fact i supplied some of those kits used to build the original wings....and my god its sad to see some of them go to the grave the way they did!

lee

The Slave I project that Richard and the group have been working on was initiated by me in January 2007.

I am the only person who has cash out of pocket into this project. And, I'm not talking in terms of hundreds of dollars. I'm talking in terms of thousands of dollars. Therefore, I make all of the decisions about who is involved in the project. Period.

Because one individual volunteered to master the Slave's wings it has been asserted that the Slave project can't move forward w/o proper permission. Proper permissions were previously provided. However, the project has decided to remaster all of the parts in question rather than continue to respond to off-the-wall accusations.

It is unknown whether there will be any Slave kits. There may only be buildups. There is only one set of hull molds and I don't think a second set will be made. The hulls are being cast in FG because it is lightweight and strong. These hulls will never warp over time like resin copies will. However, the casting process is long, several days including cure times.

This post has been edited as a courtesy to a couple of friends. My original opinion, however, still stands. And, I made my point.

Last edited:
This project is stalled because of me, I'm very far behind on everything I'm doing, and I know it's grating on people's nerves. My wife can no longer do the fiberglass casting so it's now up to me to not only make masters, do build ups, but cast kits too. It's a lot for one person to handle and I work as many hours as I can a day to accomplish it. So because of that, I'm about a year behind on some projects, but I put a dent in it everyday, and never would have thought I'd get this far behind, but that's how it is.

Last edited:
I would like to add a few details.. Since I'm the "Handler" Yes I offered to help Rich. I'm finally seeing daylight and have a few molding jobs on the table and thought Id offer a hand. I offered to help with ANY of Rich's backlogs .. key word being ANY NOT primarily the Slave as it was stated in the earlier post. I know what its like to be behind and it sucks.. I was offering a friend a hand. Nothing more. What ever parts were to be made were to go back to Rich. No kits no nothing so he could make some build ups. I was told that the only thing the "group" was getting was a Hull, cockpit and canopy.. everyone had to fend for themselves for detail parts. So helping Rich do a few gang molds for parts he needs for his build ups was really no big deal (i thought)

"I called Allan, told him about my conversation with Steve, including Steve informing me that permission from Isel will have to be obtained to mold his wings. Isel told me that's not necessary"

Let me clarify this statement. The only reason I said that is when Rich had somewhat agreed for me to help him he said i had to first ask Isel for permission to mold the parts as they belonged to Isel.

Which i did ask and Isel said he didnt have a problem with it and to press forward and as far as he was concerned they belonged to Rich... I did not know they actualy belonged to Allan. I did not know.. was never told.

That was the last I heard about it. A couple months or so goes by dont hear anything, Rich told me the Slave is shelved until he's caught up..

So when I saw the project starting up again I asked Rich what happened... then I was informed it was Allan's property the entire time (first time I heard that) and i asked since I had to ask permission from Isel to mold the parts will the new guys doing the work have to ask? Thats all I said and I also wondered how that change of plan effected those of us not still in the "group" that particiapted when we were all ... well part of the group. To what ever minute degree of participation we had.

There was no secret coup planned.. or Handler having his Slave hijack a project. Not one bit.

I was not the only who offered to help Rich but I do know I was the only one that did not specify what project (Slave) they wanted to help him with.. I said I'd be glad to help with "ANYTHING" he was behind in.. just to help ease the burden of being behind.

I or Isel had no ill intentions or malice intended towards anyone or anything.

The project has been and is now in capable hands. I'm glad to see actual work being done so Rich doesnt have it hanging over his head any longer. The work on the Hulls and Canopy is a kick in the pants in its self, Rich says it takes 6 days just to make one hull.. with that info in hand someone else working on the other parts is just what needed to be done.

Dont want to wake the sleeping Giant nor cause Allan to launch another and possibly more hurtful attack... I know when someone means buisness.. he aint playin.. he means what he says and says what he means.

I hope you get your Slave together soon.. your out a ton of money and have little to show for it... quality folks working on it will produce quality results. I hope Jason will post pics of the part/mold boxes soon to get this thread back on track and folks can watch the creation of a masterpiece.

Excellent. I'm so glad you understand my position. I surely have had difficulty getting my head around a few others' today. It's good to know that you were just being helpful and that this has all been one big misunderstanding. I'm certain there are many who will be thrilled to learn that you have so much free time. Kudos Steve! And let's all finally look forward to that X-1!

A bit of advice: take your heart off your sleeve, big guy. It only plays to the ladies. :love

Don't be too hard on yourself REL,the Slave I is a daunting project and to take on all of that on your own...I can see how it might be intimidating.I'm just happy you decided to stick things out.I wish I could be of some assistance,but probably not.I'm S^%#!#$% at i.ding kit parts...it is a real weakness about myself concerning building I wish I could improve on.I think you are doing a superb job and when the Slave I is ready,I will be so freak'in excited...I might have a coronary.Just do what you can,keep chiping away at it.Its better to take your time with some things I've discovered instead of trying to do a rush job.You'll thank yourself later for it,and so will allot of others.

Allan - warm vibes sent!
Rich - happy thoughts thought!
Lee - PM sent on super secret board about the next project!
:love:lol:)

Jason- off to the super secret board to seek out knowledge haha...oh and thanks guys, happier thoughts today!

lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back