TESB Despatch pod!

Not sure buddy, have to talk to Rich i guess (REL) and see, he still has my masters so if he wanted to do another run, it sold OK, but we still had the timewasting wig outs even on a prop of this price :lol

lee

OK, may be boring you guys to death with these (im slow and lazy lol) but here are both pods now( for the first time i believe in replication), in paint.

Both still need a few details adding (working on those now) and bang, ill have them done, thanks for looking, and sharing in me acheiving a goal by getting these very seldom seen props finished.

bests.....lee
TESBpods001.jpg

TESBpods002.jpg

TESBpods004.jpg

Superb bro, you did justice to those models, and you're the first ! Kudos for all the job involded in those, thanks for those original subjects !

Abihsot, hmm possibly, its in the thinking stages, put it that way :lol

Wont be easy though, the 8rad pod, will be way harder to make "kit savvy" due to the nasty way ILM built her, but, im looking into it, keep fingers crossed for the new year maybe?

Thanks bro, still a few parts now im primer to add, but yeah, finally, just about there with the little devils!

lee

Thanks Lee. Just goes to show kit making isn't straight forward. Looking at the two pods I thought the second one may be easier as it looks less busy greeblie wise.

Michael, aww man, thanks bro, was just nice to get as close as i have, with a prop that so many do not even know existed.

Abihsot, yeah the larger, is just harder body wise to cast, due to the silly undercuts ILM built in, mainly, the nose plate, but, if i can do it, i will do it buddy......i cant say im 100% on the ID's for this one yet, maybe not ever, but again if i can do it, itll be damn close!

lee

Just an update here, nothing to show right now, but ive managed to now ID a LOT more on this 8rad variant.
As it stands, ive one more TINY part to find on the nose, but other than that, this can now be 99.9% accurate to the prop at this stage, which is LOT closer than my own original build. Found so many more parts in the engine area, and thats fully nailed now, even down to the correct F1 wheel used for the engine bell.

I know its not everyones cup of tea, but im very happy as its a totally new TESB prop, now ID'd and soon to be replicated properly, glad i stuck with these lil peckers now......love 'em.

lee

Guys were not talking kits at all at this point, this first build may be for myself as i want a fully accurate version now its ID'd.
Then i can sell on the pod i have almost finished, typical i get to ID it now huh lol.
Kit may happen with a new and very established vendor, but we'll discuss that in the Junkyard come that time, keeping it fair to our mods guys as they have enough to do already with us lads.

lee

OK here is the screen accurate rear end on the 8rad pod. Was lucky enough to get to see how the real prop looks back here, and just had to build it, as it should be lol.
Most of you from here can nail all the ID's, its all vey staple stuff too, which is a bonus.
A light coat of flat black today to blend it all in....and presto!

TESBpods007.jpg

TESBpods008.jpg

Oh, my little helper, well she got halfway through fitting some hull's for me, and passed right out......kids today huh :lol

TESBpods006.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back