TESB Despatch pod!

Guy yeah she does, but most seem to think she looks like me, i dont see it lol.
Thanks Allan, yeah id have to say, she's probably the most amazing creation ill ever manage.....she's been really off today, lot of troublesome wind......so i took her into the spare room, lay her on the bed, started to source pod donors, and she passed right out.....so thats another lady in the house that i bore to death with talk of studio scale models.....charming LOL.

Jason, Julien, sorry guys, thought id posted that Logen was with us now, that said, my head in general is still a bit of a whirlwind, between work, looking after her, and breaking up the boys from fighting of late lol, a lil' bit of modelling is keeping my chi in check.

lee

Nice pod work, as usual. Looks great! I can never get over how clever it was to put those german armored car bodies together to make a space model. These are some of my favorite shapes of armored vehicles, and they made some of the most awesome spacecraft out of them.

You've really got your hands full, dontcha? :)

Thanks Isel :), Scott and Omes, cheers fella's, oh yeah hands are way full lol.

Oh BTW 8rad pod kit list.

5 x Tamiya 1/35 SdKfz232
3 x Hasegawa Morser Karl
1 x Tamiya Lotus MKIII
1 x Tamiya 1/24 T34 tank
3 x Tamiya Flak 38

Ill get the Plastruct Part numbers tomorrow for the domes and secondary boosters should anybody wish to build this from scratch.

As stated, there is one part (a group of five) were still missing from the nose, im still looking so if it gets nailed ill let you know.

Funny thing is, there is also a part glued to the hulls domes, but, it seems to only exist on one or two hulls now,the rest have fallen off, so i fear that will never be found.

lee

Last edited:
Well, you know when its always a good thing to get another persons perspective.....it just happened.
Had Scott Graham PM me last night asking if he could help with a few finds on the nose (from Thomas' awesome pic)....and yup he did good.
The front angled part of the hulls, before the plate joins, there are some tiny parts that are from the Flak 38.
I had discounted these TBH as they looked off, but, then i checked back over the A wing thread, and, we have a Flak 38 mag holder glued backwards.......so with this, i double checked Scotts find....and he's blooming right ya know......well done Scott, nice little find and a massive help.....ill fit them later buddy.

BTW, same rule applies to the hull domes, im pretty sure, they are also Flak 38 mag holders...so we REALLY are one part out now, and its the parts that support the Flak38 footpads around the nose, gotta get to my donors now, im on a mission lol.

bests......lee

Part found lol, first kit ive just picked up. Scott check out part A5 from the Flak 38. Youll notice the part has an eyelet at the end?
Pretty obvious now, as the footpad, will pass through this.........id say we have a wrap!

lee

Haha! That's awesome!!! Thanks for letting me have a go at it Lee. I couldn't believe that those parts were looked over previously, but that always seems to happen, doesn't it? Right under our nose but we can't see it. Every woman I've known says it's a 'man thing'.

I'm addicted to this part ID process! That's a nice happy ending...

Its embarrasing Scott lol, ive looked over the darn Flak a few times, then it hit me, ive just fitted them, no doubt in my mind, it IS the part, and the mag holder find is just as sweet, i can finally finish this model now and call it a day on probe droid pods lol.

lee

Yeah Dave, 1/12 MKIII Lotus. Its kind of a weird model in that respect, to ILM this amalgamation of parts would be just junk and remnants of used kits....for us.....its quite a spendy build for what it is, when you add up the kits needed.

lee

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back