TESB YODA (Completed)

Cyberman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
At last I'm happy to reveal a more or less completed latex Yoda puppet. As you can see the hair has been punched in and the (brown green) Cantor + Nissel eyes have been added. These will be changed over time. I'll probably want to do a bit of tinkering with him as time goes on but overall i think its a vast improvement on my previous version that i did 3 years ago.

The tunic is made from the same fabric used in the films Raw open weave Silk Noil.

Many thanks for looking

Cyb.

I think it looks good Phil.
However the eyes (although I know the ones you are using are temporary) just aren't doing your sculpt justice.
Here is a pic of my unfinished latex head from Phil with a different set of eyes (still temporary) but I think it gives a whole different look. The eyes are so important that I believe that no matter how good everything else is, it diminishes the greatness of it all if they are not just right. I think once you get a better set of eyes in there it will look soooo much better.

9449260.jpeg

Most impressive Phil,

The best Yoda I've seen to date, better than the exhibit one I've seen in flesh.

I also love the work you did on the tunic with the correct fabric.

Should the latex head be kept from drying??

Phil,

That is REALLY stunning. The head, the fabric - I think that's closer to the ESB puppet than LFL have in the archives now.
I do agree with GINO though, the eyes look a little off and I think it may be due to the diameter of the iris. He looks a bit "stary" and that could be caused by the diameter being a bit too small on the iris artwork?

Without doubt THE most accurate and ESB-like Yoda I've ever seen.

Chris

If its kept out of direct sunlight it should be fine.. I'm planning on putting this guy in a glass case. lol

I've made the hand fully posable as they are foam with a wire skeleton inside :cool

Cyb.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cking @ Jan 31 2007, 08:08 AM) [snapback]1408536[/snapback]</div>
I think it may be due to the diameter of the iris. He looks a bit "stary" and that could be caused by the diameter being a bit too small on the iris artwork?
[/b]
I'd have to agree. The iris diameter is too small. And the white part of the eye looks too grey, almost dirty.

I'm in full agreement about the eyes needing to be changed. I'm working on the new ones now and Cantor + Nissel will again be producing some for me.

Many thanks :)

Cyb.

Phil -

Tremendous, stunning and amazing. Not enough adjectives in the book to describe how highly I think of your work on this.

When can I come pick mine up? :D

Al

unbeleivable, without doubt the best yoda replica ever, if you put htis and the original side by side, there would be only minute differences, absolutely amazing

Paul

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GINO @ Jan 31 2007, 07:20 AM) [snapback]1408505[/snapback]</div>
I think it looks good Phil.
However the eyes (although I know the ones you are using are temporary) just aren't doing your sculpt justice.
Here is a pic of my unfinished latex head from Phil with a different set of eyes (still temporary) but I think it gives a whole different look.
http://www.hooverae.com/upload/pics/310107/9449260.jpeg
[/b]
Wait a sec... Phil posts pics of his Yoda with a pair of temporary eyeballs he knows to be inaccurate. Then you post a pic of your Yoda head, which Phil made for you, with temporary eyes that are slightly more accurate, but that Phil also had picked out for you, and you're critiquing HIS Yoda? :lol

awsome work m8 i think you have hit the nail on the head, right eyes or not i cant find fault, truley amazing and i can only hope i do your head as well as youve done your own

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back