Interest The Boys - Billy Butcher coat by ELS!

Jameel Ur

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello friends,

Who would be interest in Billy Boutcher coat?

The price would be $325 custom size and including shipping.t
This coat would be available at our website from 20th August.
Only made to order, custom sizes, turnaround time 5 to 6 weeks.
Material: cotton drill fabric, quilted polyester fabric lining.

Thanks,
Jameel Ur
292394395_1485246235236974_2079782784152226436_n.jpg
The Boys - Billy Butcher coat by ELS5.jpg
The Boys - Billy Butcher coat by ELS 1.jpg

Attachments

• The Boys - Billy Butcher coat by ELS 1.jpg
    The Boys - Billy Butcher coat by ELS 1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Hello friends,
Currently I'm working on block patterns, I looked coat images in detailed, and found Billy coat made on drill (thick cotton twill fabric).
I was wondering using duck cloth cotton fabric for that coat, ( see the example image).
Should I use drill fabric or duck cloth fabric?

Please advise!
Thanks,
ELS Waxed BR Coat.jpg
the-boys-season-3-has-finished-filming-10-1.jpg

Hey all,
We just completed our mockup sample.
Please take a look at these images and let me know if you think any details missed.

IMG_20220725_124102_107.jpg
IMG_20220725_124024_127.jpg
IMG_20220725_123940_906.jpg
IMG_20220725_124030_810.jpg
IMG_20220725_124138_507.jpg

If I’m not mistaken you’ve added a seam on the front. The one above the pocket is correct but bellow the last buttonhole there isn’t one.
The rest seems accurate though, well done.

Attachments

• EA3C29D3-E0F4-43D7-8303-44D5A5DD6DE3.jpeg
    EA3C29D3-E0F4-43D7-8303-44D5A5DD6DE3.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 81
If I’m not mistaken you’ve added a seam on the front. The one above the pocket is correct but bellow the last buttonhole there isn’t one.
The rest seems accurate though, well done.
Thanks,
Yes, I have added waist seam on front and back too.
There are three button holes in coat, tow above the seam and one lower the seam.

InkedIMG_20220725_124102_1073.jpg

Hello freinds,
Here are our final coat images.
Most screen accurate coat, cotton drill fabric, quilted polyester fabric lining.
Billy Butcher coat by ELS!.jpg
The Boys - Billy Butcher coat by ELS 3.jpg
The Boys - Billy Butcher coat by ELS 2.jpg
The Boys - Billy Butcher coat by ELS 4.jpg

Looking great Jameel! I still think the lowest closure button should be positioned slightly lower than it is currently...on the original coat it is noticeably lower.
The-Boys-Billy-Butcher-Coat.jpg

Also, I see a lot of coats that bear a sharpness where the lapels break down toward the bottom hem. Butcher's coat has a much smoother break in the cut of his coat. See below
lapel1.jpg
lapel2.jpg
peakpx.jpg

It would also be ideal to see the coat on a live model, for fitting demonstration...

My coat length is 41", and buttons are accurate as per coat length.
The Billy's caot looks longer than our coat and his buttonhole center of pocket, when we make longer coat than buttonhole would be down.
This is not an issue, when we produce orders coat, we'll adjust them.

IMG_20220815_193215_367.jpg

Just popping in for a look, because I really like this coat in the show. Awesome work so far.

Small observation, if I may:

I think you need to tweak your shoulder pattern a bit. The screen jacket has a much sharper shoulder break. I suspect that perhaps the shoulder reinforcements on the screen coat may have been added AFTER the sleeves were sewn to the main body.

To me it looks like you have added each half of the reinforcement to the sleeve and body, THEN sewed the entire sleeve in. This puts a lot of strain on the top of the shoulder seam, making it more rounded because it can't keep its shape, so it 'sags' a little.

Just about ALL of the makers of the Agent K Blade Runner 2049 coat made this error too, until I pointed it out to Big Effect Props and he changed the design, resulting in a HUGE improvement. (I don't know how it is at the moment, but back then he had the only dead-on accurate coat around.)

Getting the shoulders right on a coat like this is paramount to making it look real and properly tailored.

Also note how the sleeves of the screen jacket keep their shape very nicely, even when Urban has his arms at his sides. They don't "billow" or fluff out at all around the biceps (and it's not due to his muscles, haha). Might be that they sleeves were sewn with a sharper downward angle.

Cheers!

Just popping in for a look, because I really like this coat in the show. Awesome work so far.

Small observation, if I may:

I think you need to tweak your shoulder pattern a bit. The screen jacket has a much sharper shoulder break. I suspect that perhaps the shoulder reinforcements on the screen coat may have been added AFTER the sleeves were sewn to the main body.

To me it looks like you have added each half of the reinforcement to the sleeve and body, THEN sewed the entire sleeve in. This puts a lot of strain on the top of the shoulder seam, making it more rounded because it can't keep its shape, so it 'sags' a little.

Just about ALL of the makers of the Agent K Blade Runner 2049 coat made this error too, until I pointed it out to Big Effect Props and he changed the design, resulting in a HUGE improvement. (I don't know how it is at the moment, but back then he had the only dead-on accurate coat around.)

Getting the shoulders right on a coat like this is paramount to making it look real and properly tailored.

Also note how the sleeves of the screen jacket keep their shape very nicely, even when Urban has his arms at his sides. They don't "billow" or fluff out at all around the biceps (and it's not due to his muscles, haha). Might be that they sleeves were sewn with a sharper downward angle.

Cheers!
Thank you for your detail message and pointing out some error.
I'll fix these error very soon and post new images after tweaking.
I glad you like it our coat.
Thanks

Here are few images new updated coat.
Please avoid coat color.
Buttonholes space fixed, shoulder reinforcements shape fixed.
IMG_20221005_121436_203.jpg
IMG_20221005_110652_489.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back