Interest THE DARK CRYSTAL - "The Crystal Shard" - Made from real Crystal Glass!!!

So, I hate to show my ignorance here, & I've tried to do some research, but I'll just ask here...

So, in universe, the Crystal was clear until the division, then it was corrupted & turned dark. Then after the unification, it became the clear Crystal of Truth.

As far as the prop that Jen carried throughout the film, was it supposed to be clear or tinted purple like the crystal?

I had considered just getting the clear, then make a purple LED display base.

I'll get whichever is 'more' screen accurate, colour-wise.

The answer, if I remember rightly, is that both are screen accurate.
When he first finds the crystal at Aughra’s, it’s in a basket of several clear ones and he has to play a tune for it to turn purple.
Then I think it’s the same later on - clear and purple.
I’m going for clear and will look at a base that lights up purple, but it’s down to personal preference.

Hope that helps (and that I’ve got it right!)

Look, I don’t care about this silly color accuracy. All I need is it to look nice, have a good weight, and to end the decades of division in my land when I jam it back into the large crystal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If it’s not too late, could you please put me down for one ‘Purple Shard’, Brenton? (If I’ve missed out this time around, no problem.) Thank-you!

They accidentally poured clear crystal instead of green crystal for the Emerald sample. So, they're taking care of that now. I should know something soon!

Cool.

So the samples are in green? Do you ever sell those, or does the factory keep them? Be interested in seeing how one of those looked.

Thanks for the update.

Cool.

So the samples are in green? Do you ever sell those, or does the factory keep them? Be interested in seeing how one of those looked.

Thanks for the update.

Sorry! I'm mixing two threads into one! My bad!

I'm also having "Romancing the Stone - Emeralds" made along with the 'Shards'. So, it's delaying the Shards a little...

If you’re still taking orders I’d like to get on the list for a clear one. Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back