The Mandalorian (TV series)

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 09.44.20.png

The Mandalorian to Bring Back Classic Star Wars Bounty Hunters?

J

And here we go again where everything connects to everything else.

Using that droid for that comparison would be similar to saying any 70's flick with a gremlin in it is connected to everything else. There's not one R5 droid with that exclusive paint scheme.

Star Wars Damage Control is pretty evident!!

"The Mandalorian Feels More Like Original Star Wars Movies Promises Taika Waititi"

Hopefully the penny has dropped for LFL/Disney

Taika says,"They know that the tone of the first films really should be kind of adhered to. That's what the fans like and you can't really disrespect it"

The Mandalorian Feels More Like Original Star Wars Movies Promises Taika Waititi

J

I am looking forward to the new series. Simply because I want something away from the Jedi. The possibilities are literally endless. Jon F can really do some good for the story here. I have faith in his vision.

I think trying to make it another Star Wars will be a mistake.

Conook

Hehehehehehe.

will be interesting to find out if it's actually 88, or if they're going the same rout as clone wars, where every "assassin" droid model looked essentially like that.

It looks like an 88 model. Whether or not it actually is remains to be seen. The Tales of the Bounty Hunters described there being four 88 models, B was destroyed on Bespin, C and D destroyed over Tatooine, and A transfered his consciousness into the computer core of the DSII, but whatever happened to the physical body wasn't said. But, none of that matters, but we did see 88B on Bespin in the scrap room.

Hehehehehehe.

will be interesting to find out if it's actually 88, or if they're going the same rout as clone wars, where every "assassin" droid model looked essentially like that.

Those were IG-86 Sentinel Droids, which looked similar, but not exact.

On the other hand, what about the red and gold Mando helmet? Nice little tribute to Iron Man?

like I said, essentially like that.

And they could do anything they want with the backstory at this point really. They could even choose to have the droid head and scrap parts on cloud city simply be "some assassin droid of the same model". Yes, designers and writers have said "yes, that's IG-88". But it's not ever stated in the films, so they can do whatever they want at this point. Hundreds of IG-88's? Sure. Make him a single unique character droid that's in a "high sensor and reactionary droid chassis"? Sure.

They could name him "Phil".

And as long as whatever they do still gets me an entertaining story, I'm game.

That said, I expect Jon will play it as close to the legends plot as he can, without hamstringing himself, or stepping on too much other legends plot.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back