The Mandalorian (TV series)

"Hello, my name is IG-88b and I am looking for the ones who have killed my older twin brother. Bring in a Mandalorian to assist, please. Oh yes, you can call me Iggy-Baby."
:D

This is the kind of spin off show/ movie/ series that Star Wars needs. Set in an era we know (some time within the timeline of the Saga films) but in a new setting with all new characters and with a tone of adventure that mimics the original films. Not overly dark, but doesn't shy away from some grit either. Perhaps have some familiar faces but no one major to steal the spotlight from our new leads.

I think if it goes too far outside those restrictions then to me it's not Star Wars. It's Game of Thrones in Space, or whatever contrarian thing Rian Johnson is going to concoct and blame Star Wars fans for not getting.

I think the title font/graphic is awesome

Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 8.37.09 AM.png

If you look quickly on YouTube you can get to see the BTS reel they wouldn't show on the live stream. When I saw the Mando on the Dewback and then the Sandcrawler shot I honestly had tears in my eyes!!!! And the panel was brilliant!!!

Dave and Jon were so great. And Pedro , Gina and Carl just loved what they are doing you can tell.

The stormtroopers, the speeder bikes , the weapons , the creatures, the space craft I can almost forgive TLJ if what we glimpsed here is anything to go by.

Last edited:
Heres another, the first I watched has already gone!!!

I honestly would not have believed anything could have thrilled me more than this trailer after TLJ left me feeling so down with SW ,but I can feel the fresh blood of fandom flowing through my veins again.

Last edited:
Looks about as well done as anyone could hope for. Still not sure it'll get me to pony up for Disney's streaming service (it's still dropping there, right?), But I imagine if it keeps it's good rep through airing, I'll pick up a hard copy.

Keep looking on youtube. They've actually dropped a finished scenes teaser trailer after they shutdown the live feed and it feels like I 've
just jumped back in time.

Is this actually Episode 6.5!!!!!

The incinerator trooper! IGGY! The Jawas. The Tie fighter !

I can't believe they actually built a scaled model then filmed it in motion control!!

Watched the teaser several times and the BTS footage and they haven't half packed it with all the stuff I loved from the OT. I am over the moon (that's no moon) with what they seem to have done with this.

They really need to release these teasers properly, I almost threw my remote through the TV when they flipped the feed off. Thank god for smart phones.

This managed ,in several grainy minutes of stolen shaky phone footage to exceed my expectations, more than the entirety of TLJ. Lucasfilm and Disney need to get this out there properly, they will be amazed by the goodwill it will generate from a disaffected fandom!

Last edited:
Hey, it's the hex field view-screen!

Actually looks pretty good. He has the Boba gun from the Holiday special.

WERNER HERZOG ?!?! I can´t believe it. Is he good friends with Jon Favreau? I know that he did a lot of genre stuff before, but now I am really, really surprised to see him in a Star Wars movie.

IT'S F'n FANTASTIC LOOKING!!!!

I got shivers!!, the cantina, the creatures!!
The designs, craft, the Mando costume!!

EVERYTHING!!

Can't wait

J

IT'S F'n FANTASTIC LOOKING!!!!

I got shivers!!, the cantina, the creatures!!
The designs, craft, the Mando costume!!

EVERYTHING!!

Can't wait

J

It may have been the quality of the video, but I must say that I several times had the impression that I was looking at a fan film. But I dig fan films, so yeah. Bring it on. Surprise me.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back