The Marauder's Map

Dewback_Rider

I know there have been threads for this in the past.

I am not looking to print a scanned copy, I want to create one for my daughter from weathered, aged parchment and diluted brown ink.

In order to do this, I need hi res scans or images of the complete map front (and back if there is any printing there) in order to do this.

I took my daughter to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter over her Spring break, and she loved it completely. When we were there, we both bought wands, but said she didn't want the map. I could tell later that she did want it.

I want this to be a gift that I make for her with my own hands, not just $35 plus shipping.

If anyone has a copy of the map and would be willing to share images with me, I would really appreciate it. Use a translucent watermark if you feel more comfortable doing so, as long as I can see the text and/or map beneath to reproduce it.

Thank you for any help you can give.

I think the usual dying/aging method is to use coffee or tea to stain the white sheets. Some people bake the sheets in the oven too.

bfd

I've never done the coffee aging myself but I have seen results done by others and it looks pretty good. Mind you, it's a pretty labour intensive process and I'm sure practice makes perfect.

Try Youtube, there are several videos on to age paper.

bfd

Hey Dewback Rider, nice project! Are you going to post some pics of your work? I'd love to see an (more or less) accurate, custom made Map!

There's a great copy of the marauders map in the Harry potter film magic book. Maybe someone can scan and post some pics for you. I would but I'm not opening any of the compartments lol

Best
TAZ

There's a great copy of the marauders map in the Harry potter film magic book. Maybe someone can scan and post some pics for you. I would but I'm not opening any of the compartments lol

Best
TAZ

This map looks nice, but is nowhere near accurate. I was pretty disapointed with it.

http://i56.tinypic.com/s159g2.jpg

Here you go, your Marauder's map :) Use it well ^^

The map is still being scaled down, I see. You can't even make out the "Marko's secret room" I put in the map... hehehe. Wasn't someone supposed to post a full-size JPEG of this before? I even emailed him the original JPEG file so that everybody can download the full-size image.

I cannot host the file myself as the only server I can put it on is a high-traffic site and I might lose bandwidth for the main site if a lot of people download the file.

*EDIT*
found the bigger file...
http://cl.ly/140L363E340H040N1F0C

Last edited:
thanks Fenris for that file,..its very useful,..i print it already in 8.5 11" paper,..and paste side it side by side,..but i need some missing flip pieces of this so that it can realy nicely paper prop,.. salamat:)

I came across a pdf download file a while back that has the whole map broken down into 8.5x11 sheets and then glue together. I have unfortunately since lost the file and don't remember where I got it. If anyone knows the file I'm talking about and could post a link I'm sure everyone here would appreciate it.

I found the file I mentioned. It isn't screen accurate as it doesn't have the little flaps and such, but it's close. What you can do is convert it to black and white and print on aged paper or just print as is, cut and glue. Might want to scale up if you're looking for it to be the dimensions of the actual prop. marauder's mapUpdate.pdf

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back