The Mummy Hamunaptra key 3.3

Hi MTB, I could use your advice... Most of the pieces printed well the first time for me, but I'm having trouble with the bottom--five tries so far. If you have time, would you mind sharing a screenshot of the bottom in your slicer, to show the general orientation and supports?
Im am sorry this took so long for me to reply!

Here is how I printed the top and bottoms and the settings I used in Lychee. I have the Elegoo Saturn 2 8k printer:
Lychee Slicer 7_12_2023 8_36_08 PM.png
Lychee Slicer 7_12_2023 8_36_45 PM.png

So, the springs in this instance are a custom size and I only ordered so many, because they're actually pricey. Also, the posts that go through the flaps are included, but could be ordered separately. In short, the springs I already have are spoken for. I will post the spring-guy's contact info if you wish to order some yourself. The post (for lack of a better word) is a short straight 1.6mm rod. One per flap. Eight flaps. I got them off of Amazon. I can post that info as well.

Hi Jintosh, I'd like to call back to this comment from Feb (sorry if there's a follow-up I didn't see).

Will you please post the spring and rod specs and where you got them? I lost a couple pieces, so I'm in a tough spot. :eek:

The brass rod is 1/16th of an inch diameter. And you cut them to about 18.5mm wide. You can get these off of Amazon cheap and easy.

T .100 X .013 X 7.75C, LH is the spring.
T stands for TORSION spring. LH stands for Left Hand wind.
.1 is OD of coil and .013 is diameter of wire, and 7.75 is the amount of coils in the torsion spring.

I tried to draw the spring, remember, it's left hand wind. So, from the closest leg, the wire winds in a coil. This might be called a 270 degree spring. When closing the flap, it rotates counter-clockwise from B to C. When the bottom is turned, the spring flips open from C to B.

Attachments

• SPRINGS.jpg
    SPRINGS.jpg
    627 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
The brass rod is 1/16th of an inch diameter. And you cut them to about 18.5mm wide. You can get these off of Amazon cheap and easy.

T .100 X .013 X 7.75C, LH is the spring.
T stands for TORSION spring. LH stands for Left Hand wind.
.1 is OD of coil and .013 is diameter of wire, and 7.75 is the amount of coils in the torsion spring.

That's great, thank you! Can you also provide the outer diameter of the coil? It seems about 2.5mm, but I don't have calipers.

Also, you mentioned you had them custom made. What's the name/website of the place you ordered and how much did they cost?

That's great, thank you! Can you also provide the outer diameter of the coil? It seems about 2.5mm, but I don't have calipers.

Also, you mentioned you had them custom made. What's the name/website of the place you ordered and how much did they cost?

Dimensions are in inches. OD is .1 inches, which would be 2.54 mm.

Just checking in. How’s everything looking?

So, there was some problems with things not lining up, as far as the top and the flaps. I'm trying to find out whether the top, the flaps or both need reprinted. Should be reprinting whichever is needed in this coming week.

If I can't get prints out to the people that've already paid, in the next two weeks, I'll likely refund them, and ask them to repay only when I have a finished key in hand. My brother lives in Michigan, and the current plan is for me to move to Michigan in the semi-near future. This has affected my attention that this project is getting. Luckily, not that many people have already paid. WIP.

So, we put an offer on a house in Michigan and got to the point of hiring an inspector, and he found some dry rot where a remodel of the outside of the house hadn't been done right. So, we backed out of the offer. Money well paid for the inspector.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back