The Mummy Hamunaptra key 3.3

First, paint if you're going to paint. Lay the flaps in the CORRECT order around the outside of the top of the key.

pic.jpg

There are 8 brass rods. Put one rod through a flap, and the spring goes around the rod and into the flap. The other end of the spring will be sticking out. The side of the flap with the hole for the spring is the LEFT side when looking at the top of the flap. (as shown)

pic2.jpg
Turn the flap over, so the bottom is facing up. The brass rod will rest on two posts that are attached to the top of the key. The dangling end of the spring will now fit in the hole next to the post that the brass rod is resting on.
pic3.jpg
There are 8 printed hinges. Each hinge holds ONE brass rod end from each flap. This means you need to install 2 flaps at a time, and the hinge holds parts of the two sequential flaps. You go around the perimeter installing flaps and hinges until all eight flaps and eight hinges are in place. MAKE SURE ALL YOUR FLAPS ARE IN THE RIGHT ORDER BEFORE GLUING ANYTHING IN PLACE !

Last edited:

MTB is finishing up printing, and then he'll send them to me. Once in hand and painted, I can shoot an assembly video.
Here's one of the WIP videos where MTB is checking for fit and finish. He's talking about NOT sanding the top of the Scarab post.

Last edited:
I have all the tops and bottoms done. Now working on the flaps they print 3 sets at a time do just a few more cycles. After that the corners print really fast!

I do apologize for the long delay but I should have them done soon!

Remember these are raw prints, I'll just be sanding ONLY the top and bottoms to make sure the fit properly. You will need to sand other parts when fitting together.

Almost there!!!!
PXL_20230524_022305308.jpg

So, MTB has done a number of prototypes and is doing 10 keys. There are more than 10 people on the list. I'll do anyone that's paid already, and then start contacting people for the remaining keys. After the 10 keys are spoken for, I'll be printing anyone left, on my own printer.
Special thanks to MTB for doing this. He's been awesome, and I owe him more money upon receipt of the printed keys.

No problem at all!! It's my pleasure! And I printed 11, thought that was the number for some reason hahaha!

Would like to jump back in on this for Option 1 if the parts are available?

I put you on the wait list. I bought springs for the people that picked option 1-4. If people didn't respond by then, then I didn't buy springs.
But.....it is likely some dropped out by now. So, you'll likely get a kit, but only after others that are on the regular list get their kit first.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back