"The Orville". A Seth McFarlane Space Adventure on Fox

IMG_1373.JPG

For those of us that never made it through DS9, can you give some more info on what you mean?
There was a DS-9 two parter called 'The Search' which had the crew being captured by the new threat- the Dominion. They managed to escape, return to DS-9 and were dealing with the threat and superiors who were about to make a big mistake, they chose to end the threat their way and the whole thing turned out to be a simulation- they never escaped in the first place, it was a test to see how they would react.

While this new show has some logic inconsistencies, I do think they are going to do what the do best- take some elements from the assorted Trek series, mix it up some and provide a somewhat dark and uncomfortable twist on things. I fully expect to see a large loss of life- Union ships being blasted apart, maybe other races vessels also, and a solution which is not going to be a reset. 'The Orville' has demonstrated that even side notes on early episodes, such as the Mr. Potatohead joke, come back in later shows, perhaps the something trivial will provide the ultimate solution- the show is unpredictable a lot of times

Nope- Don't watch the Academy Awards that much and do not memorize the speeches from years ago- I don;t even know who won what last night let alone what they said about it...

I am sure it is just coincidence, but the Kaylon boarding party with weapon heads extended made them look a bit like Sister Bertrille in nightmare form...

Holy crap.

I think it’s a major accomplishment by Seth and his team of writers that they actually made me, as a viewer, feel like I had been betrayed by Isaac.

I’ve said it in this thread that Isaac is (was?) my favorite character...so to find out all along that he was gathering intel to use in basically plotting the extinction of the human race? Man...I don’t know, it sounds weird...but that hurts!!!

I feel like I need to take a week off of work just so I can do absolutely nothing until next Thursday night.

Just...wow.

I have been rewatching the first season shows and this last episode has really put a weird twist on them. I am watching Isaac doing his superior being thing and seeing all sorts of things that were not in the original viewing...

many episodes back my brother said to me "what if Isaac is collecting data so he can assimilate or conquer like the Borg? he infiltrated them as a friend but I think he is a spy". welp! LOL! great episode, nice twist. however... notice Isaac's eyes are still blue... not red like the others. hmmmm.

Man...

So I started the episode, late at night, and after the whole "Boys, me and the T-800 are dating" moment I kinda rolled my eyes and stopped it for the night. I didn't really care either way about the doctor/robot affair (though it gave us that "sprint through the ship to tell the bridge" hilarity) and didn't feel like watching more of it.

That night I turned it off literally seconds before this kick ass episode took place.

Damn that was great.

PLEASE think long term on this. Having Isaac as an enemy would be terrific. Please drag this out.

Think Angel's "Angelus" arc on Buffy. Let's have that doctor kill him in the season finale!

I was satisfied with the conclusion, but feel that they played it a bit safe.

While Isaac is my favorite character, and I’m glad he’ll be maintained as a series regular, I can’t help but think what a great storyline it could have been having him be THE Big Bad for a couple of seasons.

That said, a shaky alliance with The Krill, in a “is the enemy of my enemy my friend” type of way can make for some excellent stories, and I can’t help but feel we haven’t come close to seeing the end of the Kaylons.

As a side note, even though we saw them last week for a moment, they were more heavily featured this week...I LOOOVE the design of the Kaylon ships. I can’t say I’ve seen anything really similar in recent memory, and I just really liked the look.

I loved the conclusion and am really glad it didn't turn out to be a simulation. I'm also glad that they didn't try to make Isaac into something he was not. He really was a spy for the Kaylon's and didn't have any problems with them killing off biological's until they wanted him to kill the boy.

I thought the space battle was awesome and I can't wait to see what happens with the Krill and it looks like they are featured next week so we might find out sooner than we thought.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back