The Shuttlecraft Galileo

In in era of numerous TV shows and events with very high profile auctions some even prop focused this person is not behaving rationally if this person is legit.

Hobby Talk is not a place to go with such an announcement if your even half cognizant of the value of this.

If it is true, this person is behaving extremely odd and must not grasp the present reality of possessing this prop. I'll leave that slim chance open since Trek does attract an odd duck now and again.

I'm the owner of the Galileo shuttle craft! I can prove it with a picture.

I took it for a spin last night to pick up some Romulan Potato Salad for Thanksgivings today..

317214_291972954170706_100000740110316_938700_699367820_n.jpg

Well I got chewed out by the professed owner over at Dewback Wing for calling BS on this, but pics are said to be forthcoming now. Happy to eat crow of course if it is served.

Last edited:
I don't know what the point of faking this all up would be.

Why they think blurry pictures that could have been taken ten years ago is some kind of proof, I don't know. That's no way to sell it. And it sounds like she wants it gone.

I'll say this. I know people that would pay to have this shipped to CA and have it restored. But not for huge money. It's an albatross and it takes a special collector to own large stuff.

I'm here. No one knows this subject more than me, as far as I know.

If they want it gone and make some money. My address is here.

Come get me, I'll make it happen.

I've chased IT, long enough.

Last edited:
So it looks by the excellent photos provided by the owner that only the strut and the nacelles survived. Of course with this quality of photos we could be looking at an AMT model.

I point blank asked her if the only parts left were the strut and nacelles and she responded that "all of the parts are there." She also mentioned that Gene Winfield re-fabricated some parts for her after a woman backed into it with an RV. She said she would post some additional photos later showing more details.

This is sounding better!

A narrative is starting to come out of this, I suggested that a professional advisor be sought and that was said to be the case, so if it is going to be managed in a business fashion then that is a good thing and I would expect it to be handled like other high profile props have been over the years and all should be able to see exactly what is left and what condition, or if a resto would be done first to increase value like the Enterprise shuttlepod. Though I don't think that one sold? Of course it is not as desirable as TOS stuff.

The Shuttlepod sold the owner is a member here.

Man this is going to need a lot of work if the Pics are current.

No way I see her getting 100,000 for it in that state.

To increase value like the Enterprise shuttlepod. Though I don't think that one sold? Of course it is not as desirable as TOS stuff.

The Shuttlepod sold the owner is a member here.

Man this is going to need a lot of work if the Pics are current.

No way I see her getting 100,000 for it in that state.

If I owned it and were after that kind of money...

A quality accurate restoration before auction would seem to be the best way to get the highest price. Sort of like flipping a house, but it's a gamble, and if you have no money left to do so, not sure what the options are. Investment partners? No clue.

Did our shuttlepod owner end up ahead?

I am reasonably sure that ALL the wood was replaced.

It sure needed to be.

Maybe it was saved.

I'm more interested in how this person came to have it.

Was this the person that had it in Storage last time we saw it?

Is this the person that bought it from Maharani Parivarto (Roger Heisman) the original owner?

Just stumbled across this thread, after reading all of the posts and comments, I too believe that some kind of "verification" needs to be done here. Those pics really tell us nothing. I truly hope this is not yet another wild goose chase. It's time to get the Old Girl in the hands of someone who has both the resources and talent to try and bring her back.

***Fingers Crossed***

Well, from what I can see in the pictures, the back gear strut and portions of the rear engine pods are somewhat identifiable and they look too big to be model shots. It looks like the only real thing left intact is the bottom section and the struts. The body sides I have a feeling were pulled apart and a laying flat somewhere.

Assuming these pictures are indeed recent, I think it "could" be the Galileo. The photos certainly don't disprove that it is from what I can see.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back