The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Yup, Indesign can definitely do linked table of contents. But it can get a little sketchy trying to maintain an entire book with it. Not sure if you want to bother but you might also look into apps designed specifically for (e)book publishing. Admittedly, it's been quite a few years since I've used Indesign heavily, so maybe it's much better than it used to be for these types of long/dense documents.

It looks like there's two ways to go about it, you can make the whole book m,etatextual and let it generate a TOC-- which as you say, gets hairy the bigger the book gets.

But it also looks like I can select any text to make a page link manually. That should totally work. Thanks for the idea!

YES! Looking forward to the "new" chapter as well :-D

Another revision I would suggest is some production background info on Count Dooku's Saber (it's the only one of the prequel sabers I can stand). I immediately fell in love with the design because it reminded me of the Gurkha Kukri knife but was fascinated to learn that the design is Filipino in origin. Years ago I read an interview with one of the production staff who explained the origins of the design -- I've searched for ages to find that interview and finally located it:

Roel Robles (Lucasfilm Art Department), Dooku's lightsaber, and Filipino cultural influences to Star Wars from the latest issue of the Star Wars Homing Beacon (#69)....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"An Elegant Weapon"

Count Dooku clearly does things his own way, but his ideology is not the only thing that sets him apart. His Lightsaber handle design is unique among the Jedi weapons fans have seen to date in the saga.

The distinctive curved Lightsaber first appeared in early sketches of the new Sith enemy, and this direction was later expanded with the help of Art Department Assistant Roel Robles, who brought in some of his own cultural roots to the design table.

"I started bringing in my arsenal of various Filipino swords, spears, and knives to give the Art Department a different feel than what we had before. At one point, we had a room full of artists playing with these deadly Balisong (butterfly) knives before a meeting," he recalls. Robles' collection included a wide variety of blade types, but his favored weapon was the Barong, which featured a curved handle to prevent weapon slippage during combat. "It looks cool, sharp and deadly," he says.

At one Art Department meeting, Design Director Doug Chiang had Robles lay out his weapons for George Lucas to inspect. "George picked out the barong, which I was really happy about not only because it was my favorite blade, but also since it was a Filipino blade, it had cultural and historical bonds. I am proud to say I was able to put a small part of my Filipino heritage into the film," says Robles.

As further inspiration to his fellow Art Department members, Robles arranged a demonstration of Escrima, a Filipino martial arts employing multiple bladed weapons. He and a friend, Jonathan Soriben ("one of the best Filipino martial arts masters that I know," he says) reserved the basketball court at the Skywalker Ranch fitness center and went at it with sticks rather than knives. "So as not to scare anyone," Robles clarifies.

"When Dermot Power came up from London to work with the team, Iain McCaig encouraged me to set up a demonstration. Iain and Dermot were designing the Sith at the time, and were very impressed. They began to do more work on the Sith with Escrima in mind," says Robles.

This lightsaber is in a pick up shot for ESB. SethS it looks like the holiday special saber to me.

53325201_2063453157064698_5093157702054445056_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.jpg

Last edited:
Resin version!

These fools know nothing. ScottJua should have that job.

But I don't know that has cute purple hair...

Resin version!

These fools know nothing. ScottJua should have that job.

But I don't know that has cute purple hair...

It must have been made from multiple pieces. The casting line on the emitter does not line up with the casting line on the neck.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back