Question Three Seperate Ads = too much? (resolved)

Art,

Thanks to you and the team for taking care of this so quickly. I really appreciate it! I've checked it out and everything looks better (two lines of ads now instead of three!).

Thanks!!

Thanks, Lonnie. I think there are still some minor issues that we weren't previously aware of and I am going to take care of that tomorrow, which should ensure that everyone has ONLY two lines... we certainly didn't intend and don't want anyone to have more than that.

Hey Art,

Just wanted to comment that the current Junkyard Rules announcement caught my eye. I think it was partly because there were no pictures. I tend to associate pictures with ads, so all text/styled text registers more as an announcement for me.

I don't know if that is anyone else's experience, but just thought I'd share as I know you're always looking for good ways to overcome people's "internalized" ad filters. :)

This is back again. Using IE 8 on my work computer. Main page has only one ad, but as soon as I go into any subforum, I get 3 layers of adds. One big one on top and bottom, and the little RPF ad in the middle.

Any chance this can go away again? I'd love to see the ads go to the sides. I'm betting that most people have wide-screen monitors now with black bars that run along both sides. Could the ads be placed there?

Thanks!!

Please be patient with us. We are completely reworking our ad system due to the recent virus issues to ensure that the ads we are serving are not compromised.

This is back again. Using IE 8 on my work computer. Main page has only one ad, but as soon as I go into any subforum, I get 3 layers of adds. One big one on top and bottom, and the little RPF ad in the middle.

Any chance this can go away again? I'd love to see the ads go to the sides. I'm betting that most people have wide-screen monitors now with black bars that run along both sides. Could the ads be placed there?

Thanks!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back