Two Towers Promo Gollum Statue

BlindSquirrel

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have an opportunity to pick up a life-size Gollum statue at a great price. Its the one promotion the DVD of The Two Towers where he's crouching on a cardboard half-cylinder base. There's also a motion actived sound chip in it.

Does anyone have this item and give me a review before I commit?

Thanks!

Its a Canadian Theatre Display.
These were produced in very small numbers, so, If you have the chance to get one for a good price, Grab IT!!
These are tough to get now, and soon will be much harder to find.

It is made of a slush cast vinyl(no break-down like latex)
It has Big glassy eyes..not painted on like the rubies "mad" version.
The seams are not horrible like the rubies mass produced gollum.
Way better paintjob.
and it Talks! :love

~BB

I had one and loved it. It only says one thing, "Come master, we will walk on <dark paths?> through the mist.". You can have it activate by push button or have it use the motion sensor...which gets annoying quickly.

I really loved mine, but it along with a lot of my Star Wars characters had to be sold to fund the divorce move. :(

Oh..it's not a theater display, but was used in Wal Mart's to promote the DVD release. It was VERY hard to get one..I droove from store to store offering cash to whoever won their in store raffles. I finally got a bite.

Woo hoo!! I took your advice and got him! Two days later and he's sitting in my living room!

I'm really impressed by the weight of the piece as well as the paint job. The only down side is his hair plugs, but you have to be directly over him to notice. Someday, I'll probably give him a re-paint and re-punch the hair.

I am a very happy boy!

I have this little guy, too. It's awesome. It puts the Rubies one to shame by a large margin.

From what I understand, these were made by Weta and numbered less than 800. They were in theaters all over the place (at least in North America) as I can remember seeing one in my local theater in NJ.

I got mine right after TTT was released in 2002. He still guards my bookcase.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back