Interest ULTRON HELMET Avengers

Bump for today. Originally we were going to print this out in multiple parts, but now that I have my larger printer in and built and pretty much calibrated, we may try to print this in 1 or 2 parts. I might just have to wait for more filament to come in the mail as I used up most of my 1st kilo spool on calibrating lol I wanted my prints as close to perfect as possible.

bump for today. should be doing a test print within a few days, waiting on filament to come in the mail. We tried to do a test print before, but wouldn't you know it someone turned the circuit breaker off and cancelled the print -.-

Hey man, is there any chance you will actually show us something? You bump this thread every day. It's getting old, and I'm loosing interest in this really fast............

Hey, yes I'll try to get a print started tonight on the smaller printer. I wanted to hold out and try to print it in just two pieces on my larger printer, but I've still got a few issues I'm solving with my larger printer and I wanted to provide the best quality possible, so I haven't printed it on the large printer yet.

Thanks for being patient, we'll try and get a print going on the smaller printer tonight!

I had to cancel it, one side snapped off the raft...I hate it when you have to cancel prints on long prints. Going to try and arrange it differently on the bed and try again.

I had to cancel it, one side snapped off the raft...I hate it when you have to cancel prints on long prints. Going to try and arrange it differently on the bed and try again.

Come on dude. You've got interest threads going and not one printed model to show for. There's a month worth of reasons why this model isn't printing. I was 100 % interested in this. Now it time to move on.

Reel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I'm sorry you feel that way.

Ok, so yes I have not posted any pictures of any prints of the ultron yet, because we recently have only begun to do test prints with it. Yes we could have begun printing it in several parts about 6x6 per each piece and then try to bondo it all together like a puzzle, but I figured we would just wait a little for my large printer to come in, and it has. Anyone who owns a 3D printer probably knows that they have to be calibrated or dialed in to get the best quality prints, especially if you build the printer yourself, which I did. All of this was clear in the beginning, and yes stuff does happen that sometimes hold you back and postpone things like mechanical issues with the printer/filament, software issues, for example a graphics card went out on us ($400 expense...), and I had a mechanical issue with my printer that I have now resolved...point being sometimes there are times you have to troubleshoot, that's life. Also I have been following the rules as far as posting goes, and I would like to give everyone the chance to see the threads and express interest if they have any..I haven't done anything that anyone else isn't allowed to do. I try to keep everyone updated on what's going on even if it is bad news or what people (including me) don't like to hear. I'm not leaving anyone in the dark so to speak. What I've done is what I believe will give everyone the best quality product vs pushing something out really quick that is ****y...quality vs quantity standard. When the interest thread was first created for unltron specifically, we were wrapping up the modeling stage, didn't have a large scale printer in hand yet, and were calibrating the small scale printer - so I would say from that point till now, we have done pretty well as we are now doing test prints of the helmet to get to molding stage.

As far as having multiple INT threads going and not showing any prints etc... well that's simply not true to begin with, and I could put up pictures of bolts, bolt caps and small little things, but I would rather show something of value like a large piece or a piece that gives everyone more of an idea of what it looks like or the quality...I don't think anyone would be saying "alright a bolt!! yesss" Also I'm not going to make a print of every INT thread I have going on until it seems worth the invested time and money to do so, or until there is at least semi interest built, otherwise, what's the point of printing something no one wants?

Please keep in mind that during this whole time I am also modeling 3D files for clients to bring in money for rent etc..and have 4 kids (including a 1yr old) and a wife to take care of, as this is my full time job. Once we get a successful 1st run and stuff going or a little bit of funds start rolling in, then I can slow down on the 3D file services and focus more on the prop side of things. Hopefully we can eventually get to a point where I'm mostly making props and a little bit of 3D modeling services, allowing more time and energy to be focused on making awesome props for you guys & gals!

With that said, if you no longer have interest in any of the threads, simply asked to be removed from the list and we'll do so, but please don't continue to post in the interest thread if you have no interest in it. Thank you.

NOW... You guys asked for pics, well now we have some...at this point in time I can only show you the failed print that I mentioned early which includes just the raft, because I threw the other pieces away, I saw no point in keeping them. I'll put that up because you asked for it, but It won't give you an idea of what ultron looks like :/ We do have some images for our MAD MAX Face Mask though - a full mask actually ;) Just got done printing the last pieces last night, and will post pics later this evening in that INT thread. We also have pics of the GAME OF THRONES Arya's Coin - several printed versions, which are already up on the thread and now a new test version of stainless steel filament that has been slightly polished - like I said we were going to test, with the metal filaments...see I do actually do the things I say I am doing lol :) I'll put that picture up here in a sec as it was done today!

So I hope this explains, or puts things into perspective for some, and relieves any worries that anyone might have had. We'll continue to push forward and try to make awesome props for everyone out there who wants them!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! :cool

As far as having multiple INT threads going and not showing any prints etc... well that's simply not true to begin with, and I could put up pictures of bolts, bolt caps and small little things, but I would rather show something of value like a large piece or a piece that gives everyone more of an idea of what it looks like or the quality...I don't think anyone would be saying "alright a bolt!! yesss" Also I'm not going to make a print of every INT thread I have going on until it seems worth the invested time and money to do so, or until there is at least semi interest built, otherwise, what's the point of printing something no one wants?
So you would rather just post bump after bump instead of taking a picture of a bolt or bolt caps to appease the masses? I know I would rather see a bump with a picture of any section that's in the process or completed. Was looking forward to this for my collection...... /sigh

So you would rather just post bump after bump instead of taking a picture of a bolt or bolt caps to appease the masses? I know I would rather see a bump with a picture of any section that's in the process or completed. Was looking forward to this for my collection...... /sigh

I didn't recall seeing you on the INT list, but you can be added if you want. In short, yes I would rather hold off a few to post something of meaning rather than a picture of a bolt or something similar, but if everyone agrees that they would indeed like to see every little part as they are printed or what have you, we can certainly do that. I was just thinking that people would be more excited to see something coming together as a whole, which is what I normally see on most threads, in fact on some the only pictures I ever see are of the finished products and no process pics.

So let the masses speak, pics of every little thing, pics of larger or more substantial progress, or just final product images?

Thanks for the feedback,
Bryan.

- - - Updated - - -

And here is the test print that failed lol...like I said before nothing but a raft because I threw the pieces that were attached to the raft away...but I said I would post it so here it is in all its glory testprint.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back