Interest ULTRON HELMET Avengers

No I'm not on the INT. I prefer to wait for photos before I jump in, I'm never in a rush to be #1 on a list.
You speak of other threads, I don't see other threads getting bumped every single day with no progress at all. I'm not bashing you I'm just saying everyday I check this thread in hopes of some progress pics but all I see are BUMPs. /sigh
I don't have a printer myself but why keep the "raft" but throw out the actual piece???? Is there a reason you saved this raft?

No I'm not on the INT. I prefer to wait for photos before I jump in, I'm never in a rush to be #1 on a list.
You speak of other threads, I don't see other threads getting bumped every single day with no progress at all. I'm not bashing you I'm just saying everyday I check this thread in hopes of some progress pics but all I see are BUMPs. /sigh
I don't have a printer myself but why keep the "raft" but throw out the actual piece???? Is there a reason you saved this raft?

As funny as it sounds, I kept the raft because it was bendy and felt cool and I thought my kids might enjoy playing with it...kids like to play with the weirdest stuff. I threw the actual part of the helmet that was printing on the raft away because it was just hunks of plastic that 1 my kids wouldn't be interested in playing with lol and 2 had no value visually or any other way...while printing one side popped off the raft and caused both sides to start messing up because the filament was no longer printing where it was supposed to, making it bunch up and basically become a ball of plastic...This happens to all 3d printing enthusiasts at some point :p

I also understand not jumping on the INT until some pictures are seen and stuff, I can relate to that.

The render looks great! I've been lurking in the background since the start of this one awaiting photos of a print so I can decide if I should throw my money in but without seeing a print (and only seeing renders of your previous props and not solid prints apart from your GoT coin) I'm finding it hard to keep interest. I really hope you will get a print and if your unsuccessful you might share the render file on shapeways so we can actually own this before all interest is lost. What a waste of good talent otherwise.. I have a friend who's amazing at rendering but couldn't print one to save his life.. I hope this is not the case here and wish you the very best of luck

The render looks great! I've been lurking in the background since the start of this one awaiting photos of a print so I can decide if I should throw my money in but without seeing a print (and only seeing renders of your previous props and not solid prints apart from your GoT coin) I'm finding it hard to keep interest. I really hope you will get a print and if your unsuccessful you might share the render file on shapeways so we can actually own this before all interest is lost. What a waste of good talent otherwise.. I have a friend who's amazing at rendering but couldn't print one to save his life.. I hope this is not the case here and wish you the very best of luck

Yea definitely not the case here, we can print lol. We've printed the GOT coin which has an insane amount of small detail and the full MAD MAX face mask, which also has some small detail.. these should let everyone know that were not only good at rendering, but printing as well. Sometimes you have to re arrange things on the print bed and try different amounts of support material etc.. to get a successful print, but it's trial and error until it comes out right. We haven't printed everything from every INT thread however because as I stated, normally I would at least like to see a generous amount of Interest built even if it's just on the render of the model before I use up the time/money of the filament.

With these ultron prints taking up to 40 hours per print, I wish I could do a test everyday, but time won't allow it as there are only 24hrs in a day lol so I can't physically print a test of ultron everyday. But were going to keep printing it until it comes out!

we were actually thinking of sending this to shapeways just to get the print done and here, but the back piece alone I Think was going to cost around $280 so I'm guessing the front would be at least double that...and because we have not asked for any deposits or generated any money from our other threads yet, because we are starting up, we would have to fork up around $600-700 for the print and that's just something we don't have yet or can afford especially based on only around 7 to 8 interests solid interests in the helmet. I wish we could, but we can't.

I was interested but after reading the bumps then a lack of progress, I realise the frustrations of everyone. I would close this thread.

Wait until you have successfully printed a full mask and then stick a giant picture up of it !

I am certain your list will fill up.

Keep up the good work !

I was interested but after reading the bumps then a lack of progress, I realise the frustrations of everyone. I would close this thread.

Wait until you have successfully printed a full mask and then stick a giant picture up of it !

I am certain your list will fill up.

Keep up the good work !

Thanks, we'll keep it up for anyone who is interested to be able to let us know, and just continue on working on it. yes we will definitely be slapping a big picture of it up once it's printed! :D We do put more time into the threads that generate the most interest; however we still continue working on all the threads that have interest in them.

Thanks. Because if your life is anywhere as hectic as mine then any progress is progress.
Just make it look great.

Yup, you said it! We're still going to make this happen and focus on the quality. Sorry it's taking a while, but with long print times and more interests shown in other threads. Ultron has slowed a bit, but certainly not stopped! I'll see if we an get a print done soon.. I have to order more filament, then once I get it in. I'll try another print.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back