Vader cod pieces need help identifying them. ANH, ESB or ROTJ?

corpseguy

Hey guys

Need a little help here, kinda a "Spot the difference"

I need to know which Vader belts these are.

ANH, ESB or ROTJ style?

P1010001-1.jpg

and

P1010016.jpg

Any help would be great :)

ADDED :

These are Davidyr1 cod pieces!

Last edited:
The first looks like one that TMP was offering before he finally hid the stitching. I may be mistaken, and GINO can help, but they pretty much kept the same cod through all three movies. Either way, they both look like TMP pieces. Good stuff.

Both of those are "Idealized" cods and not really accurate to any film ROTS thru ROTJ.

If I have more time later I will look through my reference pics and see if I have some good shots to show the differences for each film. You might also want to check the reference section over at the prop den. They have all kinds of good vader reference and knowledge over there.

The second one, IMHO, looks better than the top one in terms of aesthetics and accuracy, but neither are fully accurate.

Here are some pics of my Artisan Props COD that I purchased for my ANH setup.

artisan_1.jpg

artisan_2.jpg

artisan_3.jpg

Hope these help.

Both TMP cods as some have said. The second one is a revised one. In fact the first one may be a colaborated effort with David etc..

Anyway..Based as Slasher X said on idealised versions. I have the latter one (without stiching) somewhere amongst others. A well made cod and quite nice but lacks accuracy for any of the movie versions.The cods were not all the same for the OT movies.

Last edited:
Read up, gents. Corpseguy says they are DavidYr1 cods. That stitching on the top one totally said TMP, which is what threw me for a loop when he said they were Davidyr1 pieces.

Yes, as I remember it. TMP and DavidR1 were partners so in a sence they are
one in the same in design. Second one just being a stitchless cleaned up
version.. :)

LOL guys was asking What MOVIE not the masker ;)

guess i didn't make myself clear there!

i guess either way i have a few to alternate with!

Well, If it's accuracy you want it's a custom job IMO but to buy... Doug (Artisan Props) makes a very nice set, and is widely regarded as one of the best Vader Vendors to deal with, and he can make any movie version you like. Cost is good additionally.

The TMP cod as I said is a nice quality. It all depends what you want :thumbsup

The cods you have shown are closer to ANH (without stitching anyway) but are still idealised versions.

Maybe I can help here. :)
TMP and David are very good friends. Years ago we used to make various goods for TMP. The exposed stitching seen on the cod above is the exact same one we made ourselves years ago, and then later offered through TMP. The other with the stitching under the leather, but pressed in to be seen through it was never released to the public.
When we started a collaboration with Master Replicas, we terminated our Star Wars related goods, and that ended our supplying TMP those same goods as well. I think that's pretty well common knowledge now. We continued to get emails for this cod piece, and honestly still do to this day. :) The thing is, we had begun making costume prototypes for Master Replicas so we weren't looking for any conflicts of interest with SW goods what so ever. MR no longer has the SW license so that's also old news now.

Since then, we've had all these cod pieces laying in boxes just collecting dust. Corpseguy spent some time here in Toronto working with us and when he expressed interest in these left over cods we said sure. :)

The one with the exposed stitching was meant to be used for any Vader suit. Those who were around years ago when we first introduced it will recall how popular it quickly became. The quality, fit and curved angles made it nearly impossible for us to keep up with the demand at the time. Later, when looking for a more specific movie design we did the second one with the pressed down underlying stitching.

So that's that. :)

Rimma

I was just about to write the explenation as well Rimma. :)
You explain it better than i can vocabularry. (I probalby spelt that wrong to)

The first design is based of the same pattern that i did the first run.
The second is the new pattern. It was two seperate production lines on those.

David and i both have worked in the fasshion bussines both benefittet from that with contacts in Italy as far as production facility and machinery. We both went our own ways and focused on variouse bussiness focus areas.

Rimma i Love you for putting flowers to each word you write! :)

Last edited:
The second one, IMHO, looks better than the top one in terms of aesthetics and accuracy, but neither are fully accurate.

Here are some pics of my Artisan Props COD that I purchased for my ANH setup.

artisan_1.jpg

artisan_2.jpg

artisan_3.jpg

Hope these help.

Hi my name's Roby and i write from Italy, i'am close to finish my Vader ANH but i miss only the Cod Piece, i write to Artisanprops but he don't answer me.
I find other cod but for nothing accurate, they tell me AP CP is the best of all.
Please if somebody know something or have a private email of AP contact me, or maybe if somebody have one to sell

Thanxxx

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back