W.I.P. Ultimate Captain America

What about something like this?

captain%20america%20wing.jpg

Here's an angular one, but I'm not sure how recognizable it is as a wing.
captain%20america%20wing%203a.jpg

Figured I'd just edit this one rather than make a new post.

I did a variation of the second one I made. I like it better.

captain%20america%20wing%204.jpg

Last edited:
you could add stars like this badge on the left:

casters.jpg

i believe it should be shaped to evoke a wing, but keep the angularity to evoke the military nature of cap.

you could add stars like this badge on the left:

casters.jpg

i believe it should be shaped to evoke a wing, but keep the angularity to evoke the military nature of cap.

That would be really interesting. Curious how it would look on Wing 2 or 4, IneffablePolk is there any way you can do that to test the look? :)

I have one random trivia question that relates to Cap America costuming. Battle Damage on the shield:

When Cap's shield gets battle damaged, does it scratch the paint off,or does it actually scratch the shield? Isn't the shield nearly indestructable, but I'm assuming the paint isnt?

I have one random trivia question that relates to Cap America costuming. Battle Damage on the shield:

When Cap's shield gets battle damaged, does it scratch the paint off,or does it actually scratch the shield? Isn't the shield nearly indestructable, but I'm assuming the paint isnt?

The vibranium/adamantium metal is indestructible, depending on the choice of comic you go by. It has been destroyed, dented, scratched and shattered before though. Naturally the metal isn't red, white and blue, so the paint can in-fact take damage.

the paint takes damage only unless affected by cosmic forces such as the odinforce, the beyonder's powers, thanos, etc.

there have been many steel copies carried by cap which have been shot full of holes and dented severely.

at one point, it was destroyed, then reformed cosmically, but with a small imperfection, which multiplied every time the shield took a hit, eventually shattering it and causing a vibration cancer across the earth. it was taped back together, sent to wakanda's vibranium mound, and took a hit from an acoustically powered villain trying to gain the power of the cancer wave, which reset the atoms in the shield back to thier original form.

the paint takes damage only unless affected by cosmic forces such as the odinforce, the beyonder's powers, thanos, etc.

there have been many steel copies carried by cap which have been shot full of holes and dented severely.

at one point, it was destroyed, then reformed cosmically, but with a small imperfection, which multiplied every time the shield took a hit, eventually shattering it and causing a vibration cancer across the earth. it was taped back together, sent to wakanda's vibranium mound, and took a hit from an acoustically powered villain trying to gain the power of the cancer wave, which reset the atoms in the shield back to thier original form.

Thanks for the details :)

I know the Infinity Gauntlet destroyed it. Mjolnir dented it. Wolverine's claws scratched it if I'm not mistaken, in an annual. And the vibranium cancer shattered it. That's where I was getting. I'm a little rusty on details, and I know the many copies that were destroyed, but didn't count them. But like I said it all depends on which comic you're reading.

I thew some stars on the angular one I made. It's pretty similar to some of yours.

captain%20america%20wing%203a%20with%20stars.jpg

I'm not in love with it. I feel like there is something cool that can be done with the stars, but I'm having trouble seeing it.

I thew some stars on the angular one I made. It's pretty similar to some of yours.

captain%20america%20wing%203a%20with%20stars.jpg

I'm not in love with it. I feel like there is something cool that can be done with the stars, but I'm having trouble seeing it.

Yeah... NO
Good job though, helps us visualize better. I like the second angled one you did!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back