W.I.P. Ultimate Captain America

I guess pics with a human head inside (use yours if you don't have one in the freezer) would help us decide better :)
Great job!

That'll come soon, waiting on getting everything finished first - or at least together, to do a suited up pic.

great idea,very inspiring. Where did u find the sled?

cabelas.com

I'd go with the wings but maybe size them down a bit, seem too large. Maybe half that size or so.

I've gotten a bit of that. So I probably will size them down and still debate on adding them. I made them large to mimic the Kotobukiya statue here:

697139294_dXBcF-XL-thumb-413x618.jpg

After the feedback from last night I've decided to go ahead and put together a few versions of the wings to add to the hlmet. So after a bit of choosing which to do, I've narrowed it down to 4 different sets of wings that I like. 3 I designed on my own, and I did a rough version of the Kotobuyuki statue. But I need some more feedback here, so let me know which you think is best. I have my favorite of the 4, but want some other opinions.

Wings 1 - Earlier version I posted but shrunk down in size.

DSCN1697.jpg

Wings 2 - Slightly modified version of Wings 1.

DSCN1698.jpg

Wings 3 - Kotobuyoki helmet style.

DSCN1699.jpg

Wings 4 - More straightened and sharper version of Wings 3.

DSCN1700.jpg

Wings 4, but I would curve the vertical line a bit more. Maybe make it look like the vertical line in wing 3.

Just a thought

# 4 hands down. It's the cleanest looking in my opinion and fits better with how you've designed the rest of the suit. Great job.

#4 gives the helmet a very strong and defined presence, which every super hero needs. Thumbs up!!

I think he wants the waves in the helmet since it makes it look like fabric. If the entire thing was smooth it would ruin the look

Ok, so 4 seems to be liked the most. "so far" :) I'm going to go ahead and modify it a bit and curve the vertical line some as Tim Allen suggested, which I think is a good idea. I'll update in a bit.

It sounds like I may be the only one, but I like 2 a lot. 4 is good, but it doesn't feel as much like a wing to me.

no dont curve 4! Leave it straight but make the sloped bottoms of the stripes lined up, it'll look kinda like a judge dredd badge! Makes it more military.

After the feedback from last night I've decided to go ahead and put together a few versions of the wings to add to the hlmet. So after a bit of choosing which to do, I've narrowed it down to 4 different sets of wings that I like. 3 I designed on my own, and I did a rough version of the Kotobuyuki statue. But I need some more feedback here, so let me know which you think is best. I have my favorite of the 4, but want some other opinions.

Go with Wings 2.

Ok everyone, thanks for your votes and opinions. I've decided to just do a combination of them all into a final wing that fit into each of the previous 4 options. So I made one more and think this will be the winner. Let me know whatcha think!

HelmWing.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back