Wedge Helmet Showoff

Talisen

Sr Member
Hey all, completed another project! After having this kit for 4 or 5 years I finally got around to it. It's a RA kit painted up in the Wedge ANH deco and I tried keeping the weathering and the scratches etc pretty faithful to the movie. The ear, V's and Mohawk markings I created and had cut in matte black vinyl, the black outlining trim is hand cut out of the same vinyl. I've got a set of earcups and the mic on their way, but wanted to show it off now.

Wedge-front.jpg

Wedge-Star-front.jpg

Wedge-port.jpg

Wedge-starbackup.jpg

Wedge-Port-front-worn.jpg

Great job!
I should have an X-Wing helmet kit (hopefully) on the way to me soon, and I'm still debating on which scheme to do it in. I already have the "Red 5" helmet and right now I'm torn between Wedge and Red Leader.

Thanks guys! Yeah, I have a Microphone and the ear cups on the way from RA, in the ANH style. And eventually I'll be putting together a full pilot ensemble... eventually! :lol

Great looking helmet... well done ;).

Once question... did you pad the interior of the helmet ??? If so.. how ? what did you use...? Can you show some pics please ;)

Beautiful job on this helmet. Terrific weathering, and I love what you did with the black vinyl! :eek

Once question... did you pad the interior of the helmet ??? If so.. how ? what did you use...?
Looks like a pad of white foam along the interior rear; I'd guess another, similar piece of foam inside the top?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back